2023 Vikings

• CaptainMusky

Well to fix the technique running laps isnt going to solve that coaching will. Its precisely what fixed Petersons fumbling problem. Do you honestly think he ran laps and it was magically fixed? NOt a chance.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Didn’t they tie a rope around the ball and tug on it when he ran? I vaguely remember that being used in practice to make him hang on tighter.

Peterson was a very violent runner and his fumbling issues were often a result of his running style.

Ripjiggen

This isn’t junior high football. They are not running laps because they fumbled.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

This isn’t junior high football. They are not running laps because they fumbled.

Thought the same thing but didn’t say it. Anyway… who really cares who is at QB. Basically the same outcome either way. The season is f’d. If your idea of fun is limping into the playoffs and then getting throttled then have at it.

Brittman

At this point, limping into the playoffs appears to be almost every team’s dream.

It has been an amazing last 3-4 weeks … no game is given … well unless you play the Panthers ?

lindyrig79

At this point, limping into the playoffs appears to be almost every team’s dream.

It gets old. Real old. coffee

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Thought the same thing but didn’t say it. Anyway… who really cares who is at QB. Basically the same outcome either way. The season is f’d. If your idea of fun is limping into the playoffs and then getting throttled then have at it.

Finally someone sees the light…..For the 87th time, they are going no where so stop trying to move further back in the draft. Oh wait……that’s the Vikings way…..

Ripjiggen

Yes we get it Mahto for the 87th time. However I don’t think they are going to stop playing to move up 4-5 spots in the draft. A top ten picked sailed a while ago.

JEREMY
    BP

The Twins are gonna play for a good draft pick this year it seems.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Twins are gonna play for a good draft pick this year it seems.

coffee

Yep, and they have a reason to play good. The Vikings don’t.

CaptainMusky

Yep, and they have a reason to play good. The Vikings don’t.

The vikings arent a terrible team and to think that they would be like a 3 win team or whatever to hopefully get the top pick was never going to happen. They are much the same team as they were last year, but lost Cousins and had a lot of turnover issues. This team is going to win more games and I almost bet they beat Detroit twice.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I just want to enjoy the ride. This kind of sounds like the “our tomorrows are never guaranteed” theory and it kind of is, in a sports sense.

Plenty of teams in all sports think their trades are going to work out, or that their high draft picks are going to turn their franchise around. Plenty of times that doesn’t happen.

And yes, I’m aware that the MN Sports Constitution says that you must have a competitive season followed by a first-round exit from the playoffs where you were exposed. But plenty of teams in each sport each year go on a run to a conference/league championship or world title after backing into the playoffs as a wild card, so I’d rather make said playoffs and see what happens.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

for those here thinking the team will try to lose games intentionally. not going to happen. this is the NFL, and unlike other pro leagues, BFlo has a law suit for that specific reason. at this point play the year like you want to compete. nothing is promised even with a loaded QB draft.
    i would like to see Kirk retire in purple. 2 years guaranteed with a team option for year 3 is fair. this is the window so load up for the next 2 and rebuild.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Will JJ provide the boost the team needs to get back in the win column or does the season go onto life support?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Probably dependent on how many turnovers they end up committing today. They love playing charity football lately.

dirtywater

And yes, I’m aware that the MN Sports Constitution says that you must have a competitive season followed by a first-round exit from the playoffs where you were exposed. But plenty of teams in each sport each year go on a run to a conference/league championship or world title after backing into the playoffs as a wild card, so I’d rather make said playoffs and see what happens.

I’m confused. So last season is your example of success, followed up by a probable let-down (early playoff exit) this year? I thought the first-round exit LAST year was the let-down.

Or were you talking twins?

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

JJ cracked rib after that catch/hit?

lindyrig79

I was thinking ribs too. Hopefully it’s not his spine. They took him to the hospital.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

He grabbed at the lower side making me think the so-called floating rib area

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Man, I didn’t think it could get any worse than the Chicago game. 2 weeks to prepare, nothing has changed.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Dobbs does not need to fake a run on every pass play!

-J.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’m relatively new to watching football… but what on earth kinda game is happening?? It’s still 0-0! I feel like I could’ve scored something by now! chased rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s Nick Mullens time. Bout time

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

What are the chances that Mullins throws a int or fumbles

lindyrig79

Dobbs was 10/23 for 63 yards in the 4th quarter. Benched.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

This is setting up just like the prior two games, that is the Vikings make this field goal, the last two games they relinquish the lead with 65 seconds or less remaining on the clock.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Mullens played better in one offensive series than Dobbs in 3+ quarters. One has to wonder why it took so long to make a change.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Just win, baby

tswoboda

It’s just so nice having a mobile quarterback for once jester

Viewing 30 posts - 1,351 through 1,380 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.