2023 Vikings

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

See below

Bass Pundit

I didn’t notice Dutch was quoting Dan as there were no ” and I just skipped over Dan’s last line where he wrote it. Probably, because I thought it was absurd. I agreed with what Dan had said in the main body of the post that Dutch quoted. I did wonder why the heck there was an ellipse before Dutch added the ever part. I thought it was all Dutch talking non-sense the whole time. Simple misunderstanding.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Could be worse. They could be the Twins where they finally win a playoff series and then decide to cut payroll.

Don’t see how they are pushing all there chips in. Can you elaborate.
    Is it because they paid nothing to bring in a QB that was healthy enough to play?

x2. And I’d say the Vikings did the opposite of push all their chips in, they let a lot of the old guard walk, and got proactive on the salary cap for future years and the big contracts coming up (JJ, Darrisaw, possibly Hunter and Kirk).

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was talking about the fanbase still wanting the team to push the chips all in. I just think they have a great excuse to try and get a better pick that might actually make a big difference.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Relax today fans I can guarantee they won’t loose today!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There does seem to be a bit of a QB “controversy” brewing.

Dobbs, Mullens, or Hall.

We know what we have with Dobbs. High risk, high reward.

Mullens is a veteran that has played more than 20 games in the NFL as a starting QB, but has not played any game action since the pre-season because he’s been on IR.

Hall has cleared concussion protocol and has played one offensive series against Atlanta.

When I was listening to KFAN on Friday afternoon, Barreiro had Ben Gessling on and he seemed to think that Nick Mullens was in the driver’s seat to be the starter in Las Vegas next Sunday.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Vikings could very well finish last in the division at this point coffee

Bass Pundit

Relax today fans I can guarantee they won’t lose today!

Well this prediction was wrong. Lost all of their cushion in the wild card race and now it looks like they are going to be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

The Pack brought their A-Game and got a hard-fought win against a good team.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Whether with the vikes or not, is dobbs gonna flame out and be gone from the league or hang around for a long time?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If they are already looking to start Mullens or Hall over him, I think it’s pretty obvious he won’t be here (at least starting) next year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Jake Browning…..we didn’t need him…. smash

Dan
    Southeast MN

Whether with the vikes or not, is dobbs gonna flame out and be gone from the league or hang around for a long time?

In a short time he’s shown he can be inconsistent, kind of feast or famine. I definitely think the upside he showed can keep him in the league. Plus a lot of backup QB’s are huge contributors to the starter all week long in the film room, practice, and then on the sideline. Dobbs is an extremly smart guy so I could see him filling that role somewhere with some value.

To answer your question in short I’ll put it this way: I bet he’s going to make more money 2024 and beyond because of the upside he did with the Vikings than if he would have just had his Arizona time and was backing up Kyler now.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Why did they even draft Hall if they are not going to start him at this point? I don’t get it…

OG Net_Man

I am not a expert but… A large contributing factor to Dobbs success the first 2 games came from his mobility. This mobility seemed to be lacking with the next 2 games and we lost with what were surely winnable games.

For me, either unleash Dobbs from the pocket or start Hall and see what his potential is.

CaptainMusky

start Hall and see what his potential is.

This is what I hope they do. I think we know who Dobbs is and know Mullens as well. Lets see if we have something in Hall. He looked good in the small sample size we saw of him.

Ripjiggen

Hall is the third string QB. He is not starting.

CaptainMusky

Well he was 1st string at one point then got hurt.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Well he was 1st string at one point then got hurt.

Frist string due to elimination.

If you had three cars in your garage; a Ferrari F8 Spider, a Chevy Chevette and a Yugo GV. Your Ferrari is down for maintenance, would you still consider your Yugo your best vehicle?

CaptainMusky

Well they had Dobbs at the time right and if I remember correctly Mullens had just come off IR so the same 3 guys were available and they still went with Hall. I dont think he’s a Ferrari by any stretch, but hes been here all year and looked good in the small sample size which I mentioned. Dobbs has looked really good and really bad. We all know what Mullens is capable of which is a poor mans Christian Ponder.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ponder wouldn’t have lost both of the last two games.

They gave Dobbs to much of the playbook.

CaptainMusky

Ponder wouldn’t have lost both of the last two games.

If that were true he would still be in the league.

Ripjiggen

Well they had Dobbs at the time right and if I remember correctly Mullens had just come off IR so the same 3 guys were available and they still went with Hall. I dont think he’s a Ferrari by any stretch, but hes been here all year and looked good in the small sample size which I mentioned. Dobbs has looked really good and really bad. We all know what Mullens is capable of which is a poor mans Christian Ponder.

Mullens was on IR still.
    Dobbs literally got there mid week.
    So by default yes he was the starter for a handful of snaps.

Not saying I agree with who is starting just stating the facts on why he started that particular game.

Tlazer

Jake Browning played pretty well last night for the Bengals. I think he was on the Vikings for a year or two. Looked like a good backup QB.

Bass Pundit

In the Chicago game, the game plan was a failure and the Chicago D was two steps ahead. I put that on KOC, not Dobbs. KOC got, got; Just like he did in the playoff game last year. It happens. I think the Vikes should dress all three guys and play all three guys. Or give a half to Mullens and give a half to Dobbs. All three guys have significant drawbacks. Dobbs just arrived, Hall is a rookie, and Mullens hasn’t played since pre-season. The Vikes are in a doubly tough spot at the most important position due to those deficits. If the Vikes make the playoffs it will be a hell of a total team effort. We should have zero wins under Dobbs. We almost have 4. No matter what happens the coaching staff has over-performed my expectations this season. Turnovers are ultimately on the players, not the coaches, and the main reason why we are not competing for the Division.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Turnovers are ultimately on the players, not the coaches,

I don’t really agree with this. Some turnovers are inevitable but fumbles are preventable. If they’re fumbling in the game, they’re doing it in practice. And if they’re doing it in practice, its clearly not being addressed by the coaches. You fumble, you run laps. Eventually you’ll run enough laps that it’ll make you hang on to the ball. Its no different than penalties for me, which are often a direct reflection on coaching too.

Luckily the Vikings are pretty low on penalties this season so at least the coaches know how to deal with those in practice.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I just assume put Mullens in there instead of Dobbs at this point. Mullens was the original backup to Cousins and is the closest to his style of play at QB. I’d prefer to see Hall over both of them, but its obvious they’re not going with Hall because he’s been designated as third string.

JEREMY
    BP

Yeah they just said Dobbs against Raiders. Was hoping for the rookie.

CaptainMusky

Mullens has been on IR most of the season so he wasnt backing up Cousins. He just came off when Dobbs got here or maybe even the week after.

CaptainMusky

IDK how running laps fixes a fumbling problem. Fumbling is a problem with technique and how they are holding the ball not whether or not they are in shape.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fumbling is a problem with technique and how they are holding the ball not whether or not they are in shape.

Yes, but if you have bad technique, you run laps. The laps are punishment for not fixing the problem.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,321 through 1,350 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.