2023 Vikings

• stout93
    Becker MN

There are 20 NFL teams who would rather have Cousins at his age and salary than their current QB situation.

I’ve never understood the fan base hate for a top 10 QB. There are literally less than 10 other people walking the earth out of 8 billion who would make them more likely to “win now” from that position. I’d be curious to see Vikings fans list which QBs from their entire franchise history are better than Cousins. One could easily argue he’s the best QB that the Vikings have ever had.

I DO think it makes sense to start ramping up the amount of draft capital they spend on QBs. Swing some day 2 picks to see if you find the next guy who can sit and learn a couple years

Day 2 picks on QBs just aren’t worth it. You need to grab one in the first round..

I’m guessing someone will name a few day 2 QBs that made it, but for every one they name I’ll give you 20 that were wasted picks..

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

You could name even more first round qbs that were wasted picks honestly. Unless its a top 5 pick (and honestly even then) it’s a toss up.

If the Vikings would’ve had a top 5 pick in the next draft I’d take the best d lineman on the board.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

That’s only if you resign Cousins. IMO he needs to take a significant pay cut to make it all work.

And either way it’s time to grab a QB and start grooming him. Gotta look towards the future or the cycle will never end.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There’s really no reason the Vikings should not handily beat the Packers today. Green Bay is terrible. They’ve scored 6 points the past 5 weeks in the first half.

Don’t turn the ball over and convert in the red zone. J Love is the worst ranked QB in the entire league under pressure. He is prone to making mistakes when pressured, having thrown 6 interceptions the past 3 weeks.

stout93
    Becker MN

I’ll take my chances on a first round QB…

You can bet on a fifth rounder.

stout93
    Becker MN

You could name even more first round qbs that were wasted picks honestly. Unless its a top 5 pick (and honestly even then) it’s a toss up.

If the Vikings would’ve had a top 5 pick in the next draft I’d take the best d lineman on the board.

Vikes don’t believe in first round D-lineman…fact

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ok seriously Joseph, 42 yards is not that far. All that work and no points. Do your job Greg.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Jordan Love’s leading receivers are 2 running backs jester

It hurts just watching him play

eyeguy507
    SE MN

another surgeon like drive by Lambeau legend Kirk. wonder if the pecker faithful miss Erin yet?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

dang that Metelus D-back is getting pretty good of late!!!!!! waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What a turn of events. Stolen pass for an interception, TD pass the next play. Visitor Lambeau Leap!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

poor little Jordan Love, finally decided to throw forward and threw it right to our guy!

next play Kirk shows him how to throw forward hah

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Is it just me or is there a Purple tint to the crowd?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

could be, i know a local radio station has been advertising earlier this year about a Trobecs bus to green bay. they’ve been doing it alot of years!1

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I’m not trying to be worst case guy, but that looked like an Achilles just like Rogers. I didn’t see Kirks ankle roll, but more like a forward flexing pop. doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ya that was not good. non-contact injury to Cuz.

These FG issues need to stop. Missed FG, blocked FG, penalty on GB’s FG that gave them a second chance. That’s a 9 point swing.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

These FG issues need to stop. Missed FG, blocked FG, penalty on GB’s FG that gave them a second chance. That’s a 9 point swing.

Does the sun ever shine at your house?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Why on earth when up 14 with 6 minutes to go and a rookie qb pinned down on your 20 yard line do you call 2 passing plays? Wtf KOC!!!

Good lord he does it again the next series too…

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

KOC is insane. Not happy right now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Does the sun ever shine at your house?

It usually comes out after the game, depending on the result. jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Maybe he understands Hall might be his quarterback the rest of the year?

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

KOC is trying really hard to make this game closer than it needs to be.

Sometimes the boring, no nonsense plan is the most logical to try win the game. No need to get cute with anything.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Mattison is not good.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Lambeau is a tough place to kick. I got Greg’s back

eyeguy507
    SE MN

all those shareholders are selling their tickets to Vikings fans rotflol

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Well, just gotta hope this Hall kid is a quick study, can play, and makes minimal mistakes.

I don’t understand why the guy on KFAN is so black pill on the guy.

I ended up turning KFAN off after he shot a lady caller down for daring to be hopeful that maybe Hall could play. If I was that guy’s boss. I would send him home for the day. Unwarranted negativity in the face of uncertainty is not a good look.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Torn Achilles, guessing done for the season.

Unless we have another Keenum-esque season where the backup plays lights out, I don’t see us going .500.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Adam Shefter of ESPN is relaying a torn achilles. MRI to confirm.

Guess they will go with Hall and see what they have. Sort of a “tryout” for the remainder of the season. Good luck, rookie.

The remainder of the season could also affect the looming contract situation of Jefferson, who has openly stated he wants stability at the QB position.

Joe

Too bad for kirk. Silver lining, they’ll be picking much higher in the draft. Hopefully kwesi doesn’t screw that up and trade for a couple dozen 7th rounders.

Greg joseph had a bad game, i dont think it’s time for a change there but he did not play well today. Not only the field goal miss/block but his kick off out of bounds lead to GB points

Brittman

No after game shows for me. Prefer to be hunting, fishing or out in the yard…

Shame on the news on Cousins the D seems to have come around under the new DC.

Viewing 30 posts - 811 through 840 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.