2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Good on Bucci to stir up a tweet storm for free publicly…

Wild at least stayed in the top13… they’ll get a good player… GMBG should get on the phone and see if the Devils are interested in moving back 3 spots for Gusbus…

CaptainMusky

Here it is. What Bucci posted earlier was indeed inaccurate. Utah is number 6 on the actual list.

Utah never moved. No team did all slotted where they were. Bucci posted Utah at 2. Didn’t happen.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Utah never moved. No team did all slotted where they were. Bucci posted Utah at 2. Didn’t happen.

Lol I know. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I don’t know… 13 doesn’t seem that lucky to me. Wild need a lot of help.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lol you guys… it was likely just a ploy to hype the lottery and get people talking and to tune in…

Wild will get a good player at 13 and another one at pick 45… it wouldn’t surprise me if they try and trade up a few spots if one of the defenseman they like slips a bit…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I can’t stop laughing at Dallas. Whoa Nellie, were they feeling good about themselves in the dressing room after the first. Shut er down and coast er in, boys. Game 1 is in the bag.

MacKinnon: Hold my Gatorade and watch this sh1t.

Make your tee times now and avoid the rush, Stars.

CaptainMusky

Lol I know. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

I missed the important “in” at the beginning of accurate LOL

tswoboda

What’s the big deal, the Jets showed Dallas exactly how to beat Colorado in the playoffs. Just gotta score 7 goals jester

32 goals for the Avs in 6 playoff games

JoeMX1825
    MN

Have you guys been following the Dallas #BANG guy (obnoxious Dallas fan sitting right behind the net on the glass) and Biz’s ongoing twitter feud? (They even joke/talk about it on the TNT Studio show) It’s been pretty good and the #BANG guy got the last laugh after Dallas advanced and the Leafs didn’t… anyway last nights OT game winner was obviously scored right in front of him and the replays showed the disgust on his face in HD… Biz let him have it on twitter pretty good!

CaptainMusky

I only pay attention to the blonde with the huge knockers behind the bench.

tswoboda

I only pay attention to the blonde with the huge knockers behind the bench

Never heard of her

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240508_084239_Gallery.jpg

KP
    Hudson, WI

X2

JoeMX1825
    MN

So with the Wild now knowing they are picking at #13, here’s some of the players who will LIKELY be available at #13 (Knowing there’s always guys who will rise and fall)

in no particular order:

Anton Silayev – LH Defenseman – 6′ 7″ 210lbs – This kid is a physical freak with a mean streak, he’s been playing in the KHL all season as an 18 year old defender (very rare) I doubt he lasts to pick #13, but maybe the Russian factor helps… He plays like Colton Parayenko

Carter Yakemchuk – RH Defense – 6’3″ 200 lbs – The kid is a stud defenseman with great offensive skills (scored 30 goals this year as a defenseman!) and a nasty streak in him (thus he has a problem taking penalties) He plays like Charlie McAvoy, Justin Faulk…

Berkley Catton – LH Center – 5’11” 175lbs – The only way he slides to #13 is if teams get scared by his smaller size. The kid is electric with the puck on his stick passing or scoring.. Play style is similar to Braydon Point

Tig Iginla – LH Center/Wing – 6′ 190 lbs – Son of Jerome, he’s a pure goal scorer with a motor that won’t stop. Plays like a bigger Brad Marchand

Konsta Helenius – RH Center – 5′ 11″ 180 lbs – Has put up great numbers as an 18 year old playing in the top Finnish league. His ceiling is likely a 2C, he’s pretty much a smaller Mikko Koivu clone…

Cole Eiserman – LH Wing – 6′ 196lbs – The best pure goal scorer in USNTDP history (just think about the names he passed) his biggest knocks are he’s slacks on defense and sometimes gets lost in games… He plays like Ovi in that he puts maximum effort into scoring goals and everything else is sort of meh…imo you can live with those knocks as long as he keeps scoring…I wished he was a RH shot…

Adam Jirisek – RH Defenseman – 6′ 2″ 200LBS – Younger brother of David Jirisek (recent #6 pick) and would have been a surething top 10 pick before he destroyed his knee in the WJC, this will cause him to slide in the draft, if he comes back 100% healthy, he’d be a steal at #13. He plays similar to Devon Toews

My dream scenario would be somehow trading up and getting Buium….If that doesn’t happen, I’d like Yakemchuk because he’s the type of defenseman we don’t have in our system, if he’s gone i’d like Eiserman if he slips…I feel like Helenius or Jiricek would be a BPA type of pick you settle for…

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, she’s been a staple now for a few playoff seasons…Biz was calling her the “other Glass Banger” the other night… She definitely knows what she’s doing, a few years ago she had her stripclub url on her shirt, great advertising!

CaptainMusky

Put me down for Iginla because we dont want a second Iginla to torch us his entire career.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Put me down for Iginla because we dont want a second Iginla to torch us his entire career.

it’s funny there’s so much fan pressure for Calgary to take him at #9 (a bit early by most accounts) even though most think they should take one of the stud defenseman like Buium (which is a huge need for them)

CaptainMusky

I thought Eiserman was a lot higher than where we would pick. Did he fall or something?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I thought Eiserman was a lot higher than where we would pick. Did he fall or something?

That’s been the recent talk, some mocks have him at 5, others at 12-13… my guess is he goes earlier than 13, even with his faults, you can’t deny he’s a pure goal scorer, those aren’t very plentiful…

Justin riegel

I can’t stop laughing at Dallas. Whoa Nellie, were they feeling good about themselves in the dressing room after the first. Shut er down and coast er in, boys. Game 1 is in the bag.

I thought it was Makar who took that game on his back. That guy is just so smooth it is crazy. If Faber can be 80% of Makar I will be happy.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I like the fact that there’s size available with both the D men and the forwards in Joe’s list. We need beef, we have enough lightweights at both positions.

With the likely offensive players available, are any of these guys really NHL ready now? Or are we in that old Minnesota standby of “wait a few years”? Frankly, IMO we only benefit from more offense if it’s the now kind of offense.

As much as I want to load up on offensive firepower, I have to say I think it’s time to think about D-core and what life looks like after the Spurgeon/Brodin era. I’m concerned that with either or both of these players, we’re 1 injury away from these guys being in the category of “not what they used to be”. Boy do I like that Yakemchuk kid, even if he could be a 10 goal guy in the NHL with his size and physicality, he’s a difference maker.

Also, one thing that doesn’t get talked about with d-men is if they have a heavy shot for the PP. The X factor in this is under-rated, in my opinion. Yes, they can score, but the other factor is that the PK can step up and block, but they know there’s a price to pay. Having a guy that can blast pieces off of opposing players opens up lanes and creates things that just don’t happen with this “long wrister from the point” stuff.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I like the fact that there’s size available with both the D men and the forwards in Joe’s list. We need beef, we have enough lightweights at both positions.

With the likely offensive players available, are any of these guys really NHL ready now? Or are we in that old Minnesota standby of “wait a few years”? Frankly, IMO we only benefit from more offense if it’s the now kind of offense.

As much as I want to load up on offensive firepower, I have to say I think it’s time to think about D-core and what life looks like after the Spurgeon/Brodin era. I’m concerned that with either or both of these players, we’re 1 injury away from these guys being in the category of “not what they used to be”. Boy do I like that Yakemchuk kid, even if he could be a 10 goal guy in the NHL with his size and physicality, he’s a difference maker.

Also, one thing that doesn’t get talked about with d-men is if they have a heavy shot for the PP. The X factor in this is under-rated, in my opinion. Yes, they can score, but the other factor is that the PK can step up and block, but they know there’s a price to pay. Having a guy that can blast pieces off of opposing players opens up lanes and creates things that just don’t happen with this “long wrister from the point” stuff.

Actually the top forwards in this draft are pretty average/undersized, the top 6 defenseman are all huge though… I agree Yakemchuk is a really good fit for the Wild, he also can run the Powerplay really well and has a cannon for a shot…

In terms of when they will be ready, you typically only see a handful of players start immediately in the NHL and its usually from the top few picks…CHL players either need to play in the NHL or stay in the CHL until they are 20 years old, so that limits options…OUS players typically come over at 19-20…

There’s a big debate if Cellebrini will stay at BU another year and he’s a generational 1st overall pick…If the Wild draft a Defenseman, they will likely lineup with Spurgeon’s contract expiring…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. Even Suter scored too. His classic wrister from the point made it through a maze of bodies in front for the first goal.

JEREMY
    BP

Enough with the hockey talk can we see more pictures of blonde chick.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

May 8, 2024 at 1:41 pm#2271604
    TheFamousGrouse wrote:

Haha. Even Suter scored too. His classic wrister from the point made it through a maze of bodies in front for the first goal.

Classic Ryan Suter Twisted Wrister artistry. Don’t even try to tell me you don’t miss it. He’ll do it again, too. Just give him another 20 games and it’ll happen.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. I don’t really miss it. He had his moments here but his attitude in the locker room is well documented.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Kudos to Vancouver, with those 2 quick goals I went to bed thinking it was going to be an Oilers route!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Kudos to Vancouver, with those 2 quick goals I went to bed thinking it was going to be an Oilers route!

There’s no such thing as an Oilers route when you suck as bad as they do on defense. They are the ultimate One Way hockey team.

Skinner was victimized again and again and again from down by the goal line. Vancouver clearly has the scouting on this clown. He can be easily beaten down low, he leaves a huge gap by the goal post every time.

JoeMX1825
    MN

ooof, just watched the Oilers/Canucks recap…brutal goaltending for the Oilers..

Viewing 30 posts - 5,251 through 5,280 (of 5,367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.