2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I think the key point is that Kirill appears to be aware of the contract offer dollar values being thrown around $8-$9 per season and he appears to be somewhat involved in the negotiation process…

again this all falls to a player/agent trying to get the best deal they can and a team GM trying to get the cheapest deal they can to allow the most cap flexibility…you can’t argue against each sides intent…

compromise is the only way these things get resolved and I suspect that will be the case here, this isn’t much different than other contract negotiations in the past, the only difference is tools like Twitter and Facebook allow people to throw any information out to the world and people instantly react to it without knowing any of the actual details…

Ripjiggen

Here’s a quote from the interview. So as I said the biggest revelation from the interview was he is and has been involved in the contract negotiations and knows exactly what the offers are. So this is not all agent driven as has been speculated. No Svengoolie here just reading comprehension! toast

– When discussing your future contract with Minnesota, figures of $ 9-10 million appear. Doesn’t blow your head?

– I don’t think too much about it. There is no such thing that now I will take this money – that’s all.

– How involved are you in negotiating a new contract? Or left everything at the mercy of the agent?

– Of course, I participate. All this is discussed together.

I was more referring to the arrogance he has and if he is not winning or producing he will blame others and it won’t be his fault and players are not up his standard blah blah. Which is svengoalie and not reading comprehension.

From what I can tell kid not real big on interviews, talking about money, loves playing hockey and gives it his all on just about every shift. toast

Of course he knows what has been offered. Do you think he has been locked in a closet. This interview is from early June. What do you expect him to say I have no idea what’s going on 10 mill is chump change.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

One thing I’ve learned from following professional sports contract negotiations over the years, is they are just like my High School homework, nothing gets done until the last minute. Everything beforehand is just posturing. The Wild and Kirill have way too much on the line not to come to an agreement.

Ripjiggen

It worked pretty well… I think we forget how difficult it must have been to be a 23 year old kid living alone in a foreign country with an obvious language barrier during a f’ing global pandemic!!!

The fact he mentions he gets involved in contract negotiations is a little worrisome based on the stalemate were in…

There’s definitely a little ego to him when he mentions other players skillsets…… I now think back to his “$hit Players” group chat comment and think maybe he was totally serious…

Or maybe he was a highly touted Russian player that thought he should be playing with his NHL team mates and he was skating with some AHL scrubs and he was asking asking the nhl vets why the hell am I skating with these guys at the other end of the rink. I should be skating with you guys.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    It worked pretty well… I think we forget how difficult it must have been to be a 23 year old kid living alone in a foreign country with an obvious language barrier during a f’ing global pandemic!!!

The fact he mentions he gets involved in contract negotiations is a little worrisome based on the stalemate were in…

There’s definitely a little ego to him when he mentions other players skillsets…… I now think back to his “$hit Players” group chat comment and think maybe he was totally serious…

Or maybe he was a highly touted Russian player that thought he should be playing with his NHL team mates and he was skating with some AHL scrubs and he was asking asking the nhl vets why the hell am I skating with these guys at the other end of the rink. I should be skating with you guys.

at his first ever skate with a new team in a new league? Most superstars have an ego, it’s what drives them to be great and helps with their confidence…I’m just saying initially when Foligno told the story on Chickets he said there was probably alot of Kirill’s response lost in translation, i’m just thinking maybe there wasn’t…some of the interview translation is obviously off, but he seemed pretty “meh” in terms of talking about the NHL talent difference (comparing the NHL talent to the KHL is just a joke, the physicality is similar but skillset is night & day)

I like the ego, I think this was just a little more proof that it’s in him vs the limited interviews we’ve actually heard with him where he comes off as this quiet/shy kid…

JoeMX1825
    MN

8 teams are now OVER the cap, GMBG will likely find some cheap deals over the next few weeks as teams need to cut cap to get compliant…maybe there’s a way to upgrade Merrill or add another Vet forward if needed…

Ripjiggen

Sure pretty sure he could tell right away if he was skating with Jarret Burton and Mitch McLain. It is not like he hadn’t skated against the best competition all the way up in international play. Maybe it was just a matter of why the hell am I doing drills with these guys who will never play in the NHL when we all know I can play with at least a Nick Bjugstad MOJO and Nick Bonino. 😂
    Where in the article did he even compare the NHL talent and the KHL to say he was “meh” about it.

IMO if the Wild can’t come to an agreement with him of at least 5 years it is a huge fail on their part. This is the closest thing the franchise has ever had for a pure goal scorer super star. This franchise can not afford to trade him in a year or two. He himself will garner more money to this franchise than any other player outside of maybe Suter and Parise, and you can’t tell me the owner doesn’t want that. I mean how many Ek and Brodin swag do you think is going to be going out the door at the shops.

CaptainMusky

Sure pretty sure he could tell right away if he was skating with Jarret Burton and Mitch McLain.

Are these real people? LOL Never heard those names before, but I know that Foligno mentioned Rau, Sturm and a few others that he was skating with.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Sure pretty sure he could tell right away if he was skating with Jarret Burton and Mitch McLain.

Are these real people? LOL Never heard those names before, but I know that Foligno mentioned Rau, Sturm and a few others that he was skating with.

I’ll be honest I looked them up. jester
    Either way it’s not like Rau is a legit NHL player or prospect and Sturm is playing top line center.

CaptainMusky

I’ll be honest I looked them up. jester
    Either way it’s not like Rau is a legit NHL player or prospect and Sturm is playing top line center.

Haha! Yeah, I am sure he was hoping to play with some higher skill right out of the gate but I am sure its commonplace that players are kind of sorted out by age initially. I think the whole thing is hilarious how he was oblivious he was sending it to like 40 people or whatever LOL.

Ice Cap

IMO if the Wild can’t come to an agreement with him of at least 5 years it is a huge fail on their part. This is the closest thing the franchise has ever had for a pure goal scorer super star. This franchise can not afford to trade him in a year or two. He himself will garner more money to this franchise than any other player outside of maybe Suter and Parise, and you can’t tell me the owner doesn’t want that. I mean how many Ek and Brodin swag do you think is going to be going out the door at the shops.

We agree. I think anything less than 5 years is a fail and shouldn’t exceed 8.5 mill tops. I’m not quite ready to throw around pure goal scorer super star yet he still has that to prove on the NHL stage imo.
    As far as selling swag that’s already evident and a given. But what has owners really worried right now are gate receipts. Things are starting to sound like more lock downs could be imminent and could just be a repeat of last year or worse. Unsigned players would be wise to take heed of that as well. If the owners go through another lock down limited fans in the stands shortened season the money they are offering players now may not be there very long.

Ripjiggen

Can you name anyone else in their history that even compares. It is easily the closest to pure goal scorer super star this team has ever had. Not saying he is just yet, but easily is the closest they have ever been to one and could be for a long time. 8.5 9 9.5 a mill 1.5 is not going to make that big of a difference to lose the guy over. Don’t disagree that owners are afraid of gate sales because of Covid. Just meant if he is only here short term or traded I don’t see a face of the franchise on this team currently.

CaptainMusky

Can you name anyone else in their history that even compares. It is easily the closest to pure goal scorer super star this team has ever had.

The only person that I think comes close is Gaborik and I think Kaprizov is FAR and away more dynamic than Gabby. He was more pure speed and I don’t remember him as much of a playmaker, but Kaprizov creates opportunities for himself and his linemates. You put a better center with him and look out. I’m talking someone that can finish the chances he provides because you know he is getting targeted much more this year. Zuccarello compliments him fine IMO. I am hoping Rossi can be that guy, but I just don’t think he would be ready for that out of the gate.

CaptainMusky

Just meant if he is only here short term or traded I don’t see a face of the franchise on this team currently.

I agree. There are fan favorites for sure, but there are few that really move the needle from a production standpoint without Kaprizov. This may change with the young guys comping, but that will take years. Kaprizov is ready now. Without him on the team its very meh.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Can you name anyone else in their history that even compares. It is easily the closest to pure goal scorer super star this team has ever had.

The only person that I think comes close is Gaborik and I think Kaprizov is FAR and away more dynamic than Gabby. He was more pure speed and I don’t remember him as much of a playmaker, but Kaprizov creates opportunities for himself and his linemates. You put a better center with him and look out. I’m talking someone that can finish the chances he provides because you know he is getting targeted much more this year. Zuccarello compliments him fine IMO. I am hoping Rossi can be that guy, but I just don’t think he would be ready for that out of the gate.

He doesn’t need to be out of the gate or this year for that matter. Get him signed and work on that next. He did just fine with Rask at center. If Rossi isn’t better than Rask in a year well then they should be concerned.

Ripjiggen

Gabby hit 70 pts one time with the Wild in his seventh year. Following year he played 17 games and then was shipped to NY after that. The fact that he is the all time leader in goals still proves how desperate this team is for a player like KK.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Gabby could have been a superstar had he started his career on a non-expansion team with a defensive minded coach (Lamiere was forced to play the defense mindset because outside of Gabby we had zero offensive talent)

Kaprizov can legitimately get you off your seat when he has the puck, he’s that electric. If you give him a center who can also finish, he’ll easily top 100 points a year…easily…

Rossi has the makeup to be that guy, he just needs some time to get his game back and comfortable at the pro level speed wise, could take 15 games in Iowa, could take all season, we shall see… The 3-5 games he gets in the Olympic qualifying tournament should give a good indication where he’s at, he should dominate if he’s ready…

CaptainMusky

Reinhart signed to the most lucrative forward contract on Florida. Fuel the Barkov to MN rumors! More legit than the Kaprizov in the KHL rumors.

Ripjiggen

They are still in pretty good shape glancing at there numbers. 6.5 is a decent cap hit for them. Man Florida could be stacked without that BOB contract woof.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am confident one day you will sign KK. Unfortunately he’ll look like this when you do. A wily vet.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210812-072102.png

JoeMX1825
    MN

Those aged pictures are hilarious and yet they look surprisingly real! (Kaprizov looks like a grandma!)

Burns looks like Joe Thornton from last season and Ovi actually looks younger!

Attachments:
    1. 7C5D3312-92FE-464E-99E3-56A5076F1DEF.jpeg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I see these once in a while on my feed. I am not sure who actually creates them, but they are pretty spot on. Even players like the guy from Vancouver, who I really don’t follow, I can recognize in these aged picts.

CaptainMusky

They are still in pretty good shape glancing at there numbers. 6.5 is a decent cap hit for them. Man Florida could be stacked without that BOB contract woof.

The backup no less. Yeah that contract is so bad.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Reinhart signed to the most lucrative forward contract on Florida. Fuel the Barkov to MN rumors! More legit than the Kaprizov in the KHL rumors.

IF they want to re-sign with Florida, Barkov and Huberdeau will break the bank with their extensions…Barkov could demand a $12+aav and probably get it…

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

IF they want to re-sign with Florida, Barkov and Huberdeau will break the bank with their extensions…Barkov could demand a $12+aav and probably get it…

Oh, no doubt. Man would it be awesome to have Barkov.

JoeMX1825
    MN

getting him always was a pipedream of mine, there’s no way now after the buyouts…maybe he’ll sign only a 3-4 year extension with the intention of signing a mega max 8 year deal (when he’s still under 30) when the cap should start going up…hmmm who does that sound like…

You need to draft these guys (true 1C’s) it’s the only way….or you overpay when they are disgruntled and have neck issues….

Ice Cap

Briefs are in. Wild offering Fiala $4 mill Fiala wants $6.25 Fiala says he will choose one year and not two. Tell the Russian to stay in Russia if that’s what he wants and pay Fiala his damn money he’s been loyal and has done what’s been asked of him. Now after being kept at arms length until Kaprizov makes up his mind Fiala wants out of here too. This has gone long enough BG needs to call Kaprizov bluff here and move on.

This rate they will be lucky to have either one.

Ice Cap

Ugh 4 mill. Cmon

Right? The kid deserves better than that. He must feel like he’s been punched in the throat by this team.

Viewing 30 posts - 3,511 through 3,540 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.