2021 MN Vikings Thread

• LabDaddy1

Season is far from over and the team can sure look different next week, but they did not get me that excited for the season.

Kicker looks legit though.

Oh boy…

Dink buster

So deflating.

Somewhere Blair Walsh is laughing about this.

Why? The Vikings did nothing but give him a chance at an nfl career which he failed. I believe he’s still unemployed. That’s on him not the Vikings

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    So deflating.

Somewhere Blair Walsh is laughing about this.

Why? The Vikings did nothing but give him a chance at an nfl career which he failed. I believe he’s still unemployed. That’s on him not the Vikings

Doesn’t mean he’s not laughing.

From a entertainment standpoint it was a great game.

How about our punt returner? He’s a gem.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

How about obnoxious Paul Allen calling it “Good!….then “No it’s not, he missed it right”

doah

I’m really not trying to pile on. The Packers were embarrassed last week and that same team just got beat by Carolina. However, anyone who is unbiased has to admit that Paul Allen’s blabbering is about as uninformed as it gets.

It has been some time since I’ve heard his patented “__________(insert Vikings QB name) DELIVERS A COLD BLOODED STRIKE ON 3RD DOWN!. …ahh gurgling sound stammering noise…that will bring up 4th and 3.”

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was driving home from the cabin and I refuse to listen to PA. A buddy texted me on the situation so I tuned in for the FG.
    PA starts screaming that the kick was good, then the other guy says nope it was wide right. What a clown he is.

Add him to the list of people that need to be fired.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Best call PA has had was last week, 4th quarter with 4 something to go…..
    ” Cousins scrambling….rolling out….Cmon Kirk! Make the pay!!! Oh….. They made Kirk pay….. He’s down…..”
    jester jester jester

dirtywater

Daniel Carlson is the one who’s laughing. 94% for the raiders last season, 6/6 so far this season.

Dink buster

Gary Anderson must be laughing too from way back in 98/99

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Daniel Carlson is the one who’s laughing. 94% for the raiders last season, 6/6 so far this season.

Ya isn’t that something. High draft pick used on a kicker, cut after week 2, picked up by the Raiders and has made over 90% of his kicks since he was cut.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well ole Zim isnt known to have much patience for punters or kickers. offenses either………

sounds like he and the current starting QB are fishing buddies either!!!!! whistling

well its off to next weekend and an 0-3 start!!!!!!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

you should probably consider that the common thread of failing in these glorious ways is actually Paul Allen. i swear he exists simply to make my Packers-fan-heart happy with the calls he makes in those moments.

AnotherFisherman

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AnotherFisherman wrote:</div>
    Season is far from over and the team can sure look different next week, but they did not get me that excited for the season.

Kicker looks legit though.

Oh boy…

#BadTakesExposed

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

New Vikings Catchphrase:
    “We don’t even need to find new ways to lose”.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dirty Water wrote:</div>

Ya isn’t that something. High draft pick used on a kicker, cut after week 2, picked up by the Raiders and has made over 90% of his kicks since he was cut.

And its not like they are chip shots hes making either.

queenswake
    NULL

Just have to hope that he can shake this one off. Missed kicks like that can rattle a guy.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The O-Line play improved drastically. The new O.C.’s got game. The D gave up more points this week but also scored some of their own and came up big when it mattered most, giving us the ball back at the end. That QB is Russel Wilson 2.0. If he weren’t so quick and shifty, he would have been sacked a couple more times, once on a play that went the distance. Captain Kirk is playing at a high level. Hunter and Kendricks are back to their All-Pro level of play. I think the kicker will be fine. I was thoroughly entertained by the game even though we lost. My only concern after this game is Cook’s ankle and Russel Wilson’s excellence. It should be a great match-up next Sunday. I give the edge to the Vikes at home. If we can beat Seattle, I think we are in for a three-game winning steak at home. Our next two opponents get beaten up by the Monsters of the Midway the week before facing us.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Gimruis, to be exact he’s 96% since joining the Raiders and 6 for 6 this year.
    Zimm let his temper lead to a bad decision. Not good for a head coach.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32244592/how-chiefs-giants-vikings-lost-nfl-week-2-heartbreakers-why-titans-big-issue

Zimmer actively hurt the Vikings with his decision-making Sunday. Edjsports tracks coaching decisions using its win expectancy model and found that three of the five worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zimmer calls to punt, including the top two.

Facing a fourth-and-6 on his own 29-yard line with 2:52 to go and three timeouts while trailing by one point, Zimmer punted. This cost the Vikings 12.4 percentage points of win expectancy, more than twice as many as any other decision from Week 2.

In the third quarter, again trailing by one point, he punted on fourth-and-1 from his own 40-yard line.

In the second quarter, facing a fourth-and-1 from his own 34-yard line while up by six points, he had the Vikings punt.

With the latter call, I’ll give him an out and mention that Dalvin Cook was injured on the prior play. Cook was available on the fourth-and-1 in the third quarter, though, and if you’re going to pay a running back as much as the Vikings pay their talented starter, why aren’t you using him on fourth-and-short in a critical situation? Cook carried the ball 22 times for 131 yards, so it was hardly as if Minnesota should have been afraid of being overmatched.

Zimmer also chose to sit on his field position before that final kick. After a K.J. Osborn catch gave the Vikings a first down on the Arizona 19-yard line with 40 seconds remaining, they could have used the ensuing time to run at least one more play. There’s always the risk of turning the ball over with a bad snap or a fumble, but at some point, you have to trust the highest-paid players on your roster like Cook and Kirk Cousins to protect the football.

Joseph still should have hit his kick from 37 yards, but why not trust Cook to try to get a few more yards before using your final timeout? What if he scores a touchdown and you don’t have to worry about using your kicker at all? At 0-2, the Vikings are facing what amounts to a must-win against the Seahawks at home Sunday to avoid digging themselves an impossible hole.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hey thanks, I knew it was pretty good. Zim seems to have changed his tune on the current kicker too as he completely backed him yesterday during the press conference. Maybe he learned his lesson based on the Carlson experience.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>

Hey thanks, I knew it was pretty good. Zim seems to have changed his tune on the current kicker too as he completely backed him yesterday during the press conference. Maybe he learned his lesson based on the Carlson experience.

I heard that! “Let’s give the kid a break” rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I heard that! “Let’s give the kid a break”

Lol was not expecting that at all either when I heard it on the radio.

disco bobber

This could apply to too many situations.

Attachments:
    1. 20210921_161529.jpg

stout93
    Becker MN

None of the Vikings 11 rookies played a down on either offense or defense last Sunday….

7 of the 11 starters on defense were brought in as free agents.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

None of the Vikings 11 rookies played a down on either offense or defense last Sunday….

Well only 1 or 2 were drafted with the intention of starting immediately. The main one, Darrisaw, has been injured, and Wyatt Davis is backing up Oli Udoh who has been playing very well. OL has been a pleasant surprise for the most part. Cousins has been on a tear as well. Defense has a long way to go, especially on the corners.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>

Well only 1 or 2 were drafted with the intention of starting immediately. The main one, Darrisaw, has been injured, and Wyatt Davis is backing up Oli Udoh who has been playing very well. OL has been a pleasant surprise for the most part. Cousins has been on a tear as well. Defense has a long way to go, especially on the corners.

I didn’t say that none of the 11 STARTED. I said they didn’t even play one down. So I guess we’re so stacked at all positions, we don’t need rookies to come in and play.

My point of the post was to say that it doesn’t really say alot for the current regime (Rick and Zim) that they had to go out and get a crapload of FAs and their rookie class can’t even get on the field for an 0-2 team that will probably finish with 7-8 wins again.

I think this is the last year for both of them..if they make it through the year.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I didn’t say that none of the 11 STARTED. I said they didn’t even play one down. So I guess we’re so stacked at all positions, we don’t need rookies to come in and play.

My point of the post was to say that it doesn’t really say alot for the current regime (Rick and Zim) that they had to go out and get a crapload of FAs and their rookie class can’t even get on the field for an 0-2 team that will probably finish with 7-8 wins again.

I think this is the last year for both of them..if they make it through the year.
    [/quote]

Sure if you just look at it at face value, that looks bad. But when you look at the players/situations, it’s pretty understandable.

Darrisaw- Out Injured
    Kellen Mond- Backup/development QB
    Chazz Surratt- Backup to Nick Vigil, who had a pretty good game. Surratt also was banged up week 1, so that may have been part of the reason he didn’t dress this week.
    Wyatt Davis- Oli Udoh’s backup
    Patrick Jones- Backing up Hunter/Wonnum/Weatherly
    Kene Nwangu- On IR and backup to Dalvin/Mattison
    Camryn Bynum- Back up to 2 of the highest rated safeties
    Janarius Robinson- IR, backup to Hunter/Wonnum/Weatherly
    Smith-Marsette- Starting Kick Returner
    Zach Davidson- Cut
    Jaylen Twyman- Cut

Of course if you use this same logic for the 2020 draft, they look like superheroes! Jet Jefferson, Gladney (likely starter before he ruined his life), Ezra Cleveland (starting and looking good), Dantzler (likely starter soon over Breeland), Round 4 DJ Wonnum (starting and looking good), Lynch (serviceable backup), Troy Dye (serviceable backup, and special teams stud), Harrison Hand (serviceable backup, and special teams stud), and KJ Osborn WR3. That’s 9 for 9 off talent, and 8 for 9 if you take Gladney’s dumba$$ off.

Zimmer needs to be better at in game management, and Spielman needs to be willing to move up in the draft too, but they are both vast improvements over what we have had previously going all the way back to Denny Green imo.

stout93
    Becker MN

Sure if you just look at it at face value, that looks bad. But when you look at the players/situations, it’s pretty understandable.

Darrisaw- Out Injured
    Kellen Mond- Backup/development QB
    Chazz Surratt- Backup to Nick Vigil, who had a pretty good game. Surratt also was banged up week 1, so that may have been part of the reason he didn’t dress this week.
    Wyatt Davis- Oli Udoh’s backup
    Patrick Jones- Backing up Hunter/Wonnum/Weatherly
    Kene Nwangu- On IR and backup to Dalvin/Mattison
    Camryn Bynum- Back up to 2 of the highest rated safeties
    Janarius Robinson- IR, backup to Hunter/Wonnum/Weatherly
    Smith-Marsette- Starting Kick Returner
    Zach Davidson- Cut
    Jaylen Twyman- Cut

Of course if you use this same logic for the 2020 draft, they look like superheroes! Jet Jefferson, Gladney (likely starter before he ruined his life), Ezra Cleveland (starting and looking good), Dantzler (likely starter soon over Breeland), Round 4 DJ Wonnum (starting and looking good), Lynch (serviceable backup), Troy Dye (serviceable backup, and special teams stud), Harrison Hand (serviceable backup, and special teams stud), and KJ Osborn WR3. That’s 9 for 9 off talent, and 8 for 9 if you take Gladney’s dumba$$ off.

Zimmer needs to be better at in game management, and Spielman needs to be willing to move up in the draft too, but they are both vast improvements over what we have had previously going all the way back to Denny Green imo.

[/quote]

Based on this I see nothing short of a Super Bowl..!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This could apply to too many situations.

Do I see a seat open there? I just might go to the next home game. woot

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Based on this I see nothing short of a Super Bowl..!

I’ll save you a spot on the parade route, I think EPG finally relinquished his spot! rotflol jester rotflol

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Am I missing something? I understand they’re 0-2 but considering we’re weak on the corners they still should’ve beat a pretty good Cards team on the road. I know, a third column should be added for the Purple, wins, losses and moral victories. I’m just not sure it’s as dire as some think.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 732 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.