2020 MN Cast Nets

• luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

I haven’t been able to find anything about 2020 cast nets in DNR website. Does anyone know what the regs are for this year? The application on the DNR website says “2019” on it. I had a permit for 2019 and sent in my report at the end of the year. Thanks in advance. )

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Dave – The general regulation booklet had an “New” announcement on page 31 that you can obtain a DNR permit to take gizzard shad so it should be on the way. The permit season is from July 1st to November 30 so they probably don’t have the new permit application done yet. I’m going to get my online AIS training done now so I am ready to submit the application as soon as they have it available. You have to do the AIS online training each year to be able to submit the application. Here is the link to the online training: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/commercial/mdeinvasivetraining.html

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thanks Steve! I thought I looked hard at the regs and also did a search on DNR website. Apparently not hard enough. Like you, I will do my AIS training in advance so I’m ready when they publish the 2020 application. Good luck on the water!

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I finished my online training this morning. Gives you something to do during lockdown. I always print a copy of the online AIS training completion certificate and keep it with the Permit when everything is done. I’m hoping we don’t have to go in to get new cast net tags. They were talking about allowing the cast net tags to be used following years unless you got a new net.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the reminder Steve!

I’ll be doing mine tonight. waytogo

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Brian – I know you are a champion of AIS issues so I would like to just sit in the corner and watch you do the online AIS training. Maybe you could video it so the rest of us could enjoy the running commentary. Suck it up Big Guy – remember no training – no cast net.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.