2017 WX2060 Bimini top

• Jeff Tawney

Anyone have pictures of one in the up position and stowed?

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I had Canvas Works make one for me for my 2014. The windshield zips off. And I had him make it so it can store laid down on the floor of the boat. He will make you what ever you want and whatever height you want. With the windshield on it blocks well. With the windshield off it provides nice shade from the hot sun. I am happy with it.

https://www.canvasworksincmn.com/

Attachments:
    1. 0_20190426_201614.jpg

2. 0_20190426_201256.jpg

3. 0_20190426_201022.jpg

Musky Ed

Here is a Solara top on my Wx2200. I have lowered it 1 1/2″ since the pictures.

Attachments:
    1. top-a-r.jpeg

2. top-b-r.jpeg

danomite

arcticm1000

I just ordered a new 2060. This is exactly what I need.

Do you mind sharing Approx what the cost was?

Also, what speed can you go with it deployed or stowed upright? Can it handle bouncing in rough water?

Musky Ed

I’ve run mine up to 47 mph, but usually run in the 35 to 40 mph range. mine is very solid, no straps. Not sure how fast you could go, but was solid at 47, no bounce at all in the roughest water. Cost, call the boat center, I mounted it myself, was really simple, but didn’t mount it like it is on the Solera where the back rod is on the inside As you can see by my photos my back rod is on the top of the gunnel.

danomite

Wow that’s pretty good to hear that you can go that fast!

I like the look of yours, I didn’t know they could order the solara model separate. I will have to ask my guy at SBC in Ramsey. I don’t mind mounting it myself. Thanks.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

arcticm1000

I just ordered a new 2060. This is exactly what I need.

Do you mind sharing Approx what the cost was?

Also, what speed can you go with it deployed or stowed upright? Can it handle bouncing in rough water?

Congratulations on purchasing a new boat.

I sent you a PM back about the cost.

He said it was ok to trailer at 70 mph stowed upright. It handles the rough water just fine. I primarily fish Lake of the Woods.

Musky Ed

Got mine at the Chip Falls store. Make sure to use bolts through for the front brackets. I have 6′ of trax , so for the rear I just drilled and tapped a blank mount plate for the rear bracket but bracket could be just mounted as the front one was. In my pictures I had first added a small spacer block to make sure I had enough height so that my son 6’3″ and I wouldn’t have to duck going under. Was not needed so I took it off. You will need to mount on the top of the gunnel as I did, instead of down the side as the Solera is, as there is a handle in the way on the 2060 and 2200. Also as you will be mounting the rear bracket on top instead of the side as on the Solera, you need to rotate the rear rod ball 90 degree. Really simple, just drill out the ball rivet, rotate it 90 deg, and rerivet. If the angle of the top is off slightly after mounting, just drill a new button hole. Mine is level. All told, about a one hr install for me, and that included drilling and tapping the trax brackets. One other piece of advice, loctite the screws that are in the sliding brackets, and every once and a while wipe some silicone on the tubes where the sliding brackets slide.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.