2015 U P Bear Hunt

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Well I took a client this season that wanted a trophy bear…I told him my regular “no shot/no pay” guarantee was off on this one… Big Boars over 300 lbs are very tough for a baiter to get in during shooting light. I normally have 4-8 different bear on a bait here, but the big guys are tought to get…
    Well…I got two of them coming in and yesterday’s 26 degrees and a “honey burn” brought old one eye in at 5:40 PM…
    Unfortunately…my bow hunter got a tad shook as the bruin came right under him and gave him a 12 yd broadside… YEESH! He shot low and only cut hair… I guess I’ll just say “That’s hunting!

Attachments:
    1. PICT0183.jpg

2. PICT0146.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Talk about a roly-poly bear. Sheesh!

tom_gursky

Yup, that’s a 55gal drum he is next to…

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Wow, that’s an impressive bear! Weights get thrown around a lot on trail camera pictures, but that one is no doubt a giant!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

That’s a big’un! In the first pic it looks like he’s chained
    to the tree!

tom_gursky

Ive been bow hunting for Bear a long time Pat…Shot my first back in 1975. There were no tags needed back then. You could harvest one as a bonus on a deer tag…Things have changed )
    That is the biggest bear I have seen on trail cam, in over 30 years of Guiding… Very hard to guesstimate bear weights…but judging by some of the weights posted here he could hit the 400 lb class.
    I will try for this guy next season for sure…I have several points saved

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Upper 400’s Tom???

Mark

tom_gursky

very possible Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.