2015 Oct lull

• abster71
    crawford county WI

Is become one of my best times, I don’t know why but I’ve killed a lot and my biggest deer during this time period. I think most of it has to do with the weather getting out after long rains or high windy days. This year it happened again, we had two days of high winds and tuesday night thins were perfect. My bowhunting was on hold and I was just getting ready to start hunting preparing more for the end of oct. I hung two stands and cameras on some of my ground on friday and the winds kept me from hunting till tuesday and what a day it was. checking one of my cameras I had does moving early evening and late mornings. This stand was set more for rut traveling bucks. Just after 6:00 I had some turkeys making there way to the roost and most of my attention was on them. As I made my scans right to left I seen a deer only 23yrds away wow it’s even a buck. As I peered through the branches it was a good one as well. He turned his head to the right and the mass stuck out like a sore thumb. grabbed the bow and waited for his next move left right or straight at me. He made his move to the right and game on right through my best shooting windows. Passed him on the first since he didn’t stop, so I waited for my second window. As he was moving into my pin I waited for the near leg to go forward and the arrow was gone. Left and right was perfect but low, the deer moved on like it wasn’t hit oh no did I miss. Everything felt so good. As he walked away I listened and heard some rustling then some more. Now I’m feeling better, thinking bottom heart. Waited till dark and got out and retrieving my arrow confirmed a hit. Rounded up the possi and the tracking job was very clear lots of blood, and at the end only 70 yrds was this heavy horned brute.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1239.jpg

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Congrats on a nice deer waytogo

abster71
    crawford county WI

couple more pics

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0303.jpg

2. IMG_1242.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Wow! Nice buck, congrats!

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Congrats Eric, great deer

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

What a giant!!! Love the mass. Congrats on an awesome deer!!! bow bow bow

jordanb
    SE MN

Great deer! Congrats! Love all of that character!

Kentucky Boy 75
    Champlin, MN

Another great buck again this year. Great job.

sktrwx2200

Wow.. Thats a DANDY.. Congrats on a great buck. bow

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

lots of really nice character! Congrats!

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

WOW.!!! AWSOME BUCKS! CONGRATS. rrr

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

That is one cool deer!!!!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Atta boy!!! Great buck again this year!

Jeff Iverson

Great deer! Congrats! Love the mass and character… Great job capturing it in your photo!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Great deer. Congrats. waytogo waytogo

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Awesome buck congrats!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.