• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

A few more

Attachments:
    1. MDGC0139_zpsb417a759.jpg

2. PICT0001_zps0ef3fcfc.jpg

3. PICT0111_zpsaf9732f3.jpg

Protourbaits1

“Dagger” showed up again along with the same 10 point. I got a new buck-looks like a decent 8 but it’s hard to tell

Noah Apples

awesome pics. The iPhone takes great pics on my hunt but battery dies pretty fast. got this solar backpack from my uncle last month and im loving it. does the trick for my iPhone 5C

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

The one on the left has been my #1 since last year.

Attachments:
    1. wide-9-3.jpg

Kentucky Boy 75
    Champlin, MN

The first is from Aug 7th and the second is from Aug 15th.
    I hope to get a better look at that first one later on this year.

Attachments:
    1. 1981.jpg

2. 1591.jpg

3. 198.jpg

4. 159.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

One thing that’s interesting to me is that if the deer is within about 30 feet of the camera, they are very often looking directly at it. Regardless of brand, most of the cameras out there must make some kind of noise that the deer can hear as the camera “wakes up” and prepares to take a shot.

For all the improvements trail cams have made over the past 10 years, that factor still remains. I’m just surprised that the camera makers haven’t figured out how to make a truly silent camera, maybe it’s not possible given the other factors. The deer still know something’s going on with that little box hanging on the tree, that’s for sure.

Grouse

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It is ironic isn’t it. I got a buddy who moves his around. He’s crazy but he thinks his deer start to avoid them. It makes for good ol’ fashioned ribbing when we get together.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

2 of my camera are Scoutguard cameras, if there is a noise, I can’t hear it, however with the red IR flash I am pretty sure they can see that. I see very few deer that actually spook from it though, seems more often than not they get more curious. Now my first camera I had many years ago that was an old film camera, I’m 99% sure that noisy thing spooked them away as was evidenced by the increasing lack of new pictures every week it stayed in the same spot.

I also have an older Moultrie IR (the great big box, before they went compact), that thing does make some noise, more so in daylight as it flips the lens filter over each time for daylight pictures versus just one flip at dawn and dusk like my other ones. Though I still see very little spooking and get repeat pictures of the same deer week after week so it doesn’t seem to be scaring them away.

The deer on our place do have a somewhat predictable change in patterns (primarily driven by the acres and acres of corn fields getting harvested) so I do move a couple of the cameras around once the season gets going to keep an eye on those ‘post’ corn patterns starting up, but I always have at least one camera that stays put from July till January without noticing an avoidance of it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

all little guys around so far

Attachments:
    1. WGI_0021.jpg

2. WGI_0022.jpg

3. WGI_0011.jpg

4. WGI_0012.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster

With some great potential. Keep them home this fall!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

2 of my camera are Scoutguard cameras, if there is a noise, I can’t hear it, however with the red IR flash I am pretty sure they can see that.

I can’t hear or see a thing with my Bushnell TrophyCams. I’ve hung them up in the yard and tested them at night and I can’t see the IR flash and can’t hear the slightest sound.

I’m guessing that the sound is above the threshold of human hearing. There’s no doubt they make some kind of sound before the picture because the deer have time to look at the camera before the picture is taken. If they were reacting to the flash, it would be after the image was registered and we’d only see the reaction on the subsequent shots.

I’m no expert, but I haven’t seen any sign that it drives them away. Just an interesting thing to observe.

Grouse

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

May very well be the case, I’ve wanted to try but I’m not sure how to go about it effectively, but I think the IR at night (at least on mine) actually lights up before the picture, when I can see it light up it stays on for a descent amount of time (haven’t tried timing it but I’d say close to 2 seconds), definitely longer than it takes the camera to snap a shot. Just not sure how I can test that accurately since we are talking in terms of seconds or even parts of a second.

Starting to get antsy, come rain or shine saturday I need to get my stands set out and will pull the cards again, hoping for more sign of the big boys still hanging out by the wild apples. If they can stay on those up till the opener I’ve got a bold tactic set to ambush them, and if I get busted for being too bold, not going to hurt my feelings as I probably won’t be back till mid October and hunting totally different patterns by then.

Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

Here’s a few in our small green food plots.

Attachments:
    1. 0221.jpg

2. PICT1753.jpg

3. KJ1.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster

Wow Mike!!

Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

Everything changes when that velvet comes off, but I’m not greedy. A single chance at any of those three and I’ll be a happy hunter.

deertracker

Still waiting for my buddy to check mine. I’m to the point where I might just drive the four hours and check them myself. -)
    DT

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Fawn checking out the licking branch.

Attachments:
    1. MDGC0234.jpg

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Check #2 of the cameras revealed my clean eight isnt even an 8 point at all.

Attachments:
    1. 20140901_221540.jpg

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Got some nice pictures of this buck with sweeping main beams also.

Opening evening trap is set and waiting for me to climb in, I have a very good idea on how these bucks are getting to the apple trees ‘most’ of the time and have always stayed away from it as the terrian make scent management extremely difficult. But with 4 bucks that any one of them would top anything I have hitting the apples im going to give it a shot. A good washdown before going out and the ozonics in hand, I just need one of them to screw up and be in the mood for an apple snack before sundown. If I get bustex, it doesnt look like ill be back till mid october anyway and hunting different patterns.

Attachments:
    1. 20140901_221423.jpg

Kentucky Boy 75
    Champlin, MN

Here is one more from July 17th. I wish I had a more recent photo of the one.

Attachments:
    1. Kobie-7-17-14.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster

Got a monster on camera last night.

Attachments:
    1. PIC_6.jpg

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Here is the ‘full’ picture on one I posted a picture off me cell phone of this picture earlier. I think this one ranks right up there in the nicest pictures I’ve gotten off a camera. The one where he is looking towards the setting sun would probably be worthy of printing and hanging on a frame in the man cave had he been more centered in the picture.

Attachments:
    1. IM000550.jpg

2. IM000555.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster

Beauty buck! This is one that we need to pass one more year but he could fool someone pretty easily.

Attachments:
    1. IMAG0145.jpg

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Wow, pass him one more year. you got some stones Kooty. That’s adandy!

kooty
    Keymaster

I think he is a young deer. 3.5 at the oldest. Tough tell with the moisture and angle though. I convinced Dad we should let the baskets go a few years back. This year I started in on the if we ever want a booner, we gotta pass those 150’s. Likely this education will never stick for either of us, but I’m trying. Who passes a 150″ deer in central SD with a bow in hand….

abster71
    crawford county WI

Been awhile working on new house finally getting things together and now it’s time to concentrate on deer hunting. Put a couple cameras out behind the house on my 6 wooded acres. Nice spot for such a small lot surrounded by corn and beans. Just added a food plot 30yrds behind the house between to corn fields and it’s sprouting nicely. Hope to keep more up to date on the deer hunting. Good luck everyone.

Attachments:
    1. PICT0044.jpg

2. PICT0045.jpg

3. PICT0027.jpg

4. PICT0010.jpg

Chris Hazen

Here’s a few of mine from the last 2 days

Attachments:
    1. cam-9-11-415.jpg

2. NCM_0009.jpg

3. cam-9-11-419.jpg

4. cam-9-11-665.jpg

Chris Hazen

And a few more

Attachments:
    1. cam-9-11-040.jpg

2. cam-9-11-074.jpg

3. cam-9-11-077.jpg

4. cam-9-11-258.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster

That’s one heck of a buck for 6 acres.

abster71
    crawford county WI

That’s one heck of a buck for 6 acres.

Got a bigger one 170’s that we seen just haven’t got him passing through yet. Put more camera’s out on my normal ground so hopefully have some more pics.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.