2002 Fisher FX 18 DV trolling motor access???

• Husker26
    Gretna, NE

Just picked this beast up and need to swap out the motor guide that’s original and put on my terrova. I can’t for the life of me figure out how they put the original one on. The only access point that I can find is through the plate that holds on the plug and trim switch. It’s not big enough for me to get my arm into it past my elbow and I can just barely reach the closest nut from the underneath side. I’m going to try tonight to go through the rod locker but just curious if anyone has dealt with this boat before and had any easy solutions.

I’ll try to post some pics later on tonight.

Jonesy

Did you pick the one up that needed new wheel bearings?

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

No this one is coming off of my boat I have for sale. Putting it on my new ride

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I think he was referring to the boat rather than the trolling motor (that needed new bearings)…

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

They did use those things but still had lock nuts on the bottom. Wow what a pain! Had to get my kid down that has smaller arms than I do and he barely was able to get ahold of all the nuts under there! Got it done though.

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

Sorry, didn’t see one for sale on here like that. Thought the bearings question was a little weird for a trolling motor. lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.