2000 lund explorer ?

• abster71
    crawford county WI

Has anyone ever pulled up the center floor access panel to get to gas tank. Having issue with gas gauge not reading properly, guessing sending unit or the wiring to it. I pulled the screws and noticed that the panel goes under the back storage compartment by about three inches. Wondering does the panel just slide under or do I have to take up the back storage compartment as well, I sure hope not dumb design if I do. thanks

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Mine was a 2006, does it have the rear compartment flange going forward like below, with visible screws just on either side of the tank cover? If so, mine was just slid under. Keep in mind, if that panel has not been removed in 15+ years, it’s going to need some help, maybe with a putty knife, to break to gap between the floor panel and the side ones.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. Explorer-rear-floor-005.jpg

abster71
    crawford county WI

I can get mine wedged up to look under believe I may have to wiggle it out or soft mallet and give it a little help thanks for the post and pic.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

There should be some screws on each side of the middle floor panel on the carpeted flange coming down to the floor from the live well. Unscrew these screws and pry up the flange carefully and then you will be able to slide the panel out towards the front of the boat. Its tight and a pain but it will slide out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.