Anybody here running a glass tiller?

Thoughts? Pro’s- Cons?

Thank you

deertracker

Just buy the 2090 and be done with it… coffee
    DT

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

I thought you just bought the new Skeeter 20′ tiller last year? I would think you should still be in the “I Love This Boat” stage? Being a tiller guy, I would be in heaven with that boat.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I don’t know much about them other than they are a slower hull. The new 225 Mercury might be a perfect motor for that boat. The only other option above a 200 Verado was an Optimax.

I know 2 anglers that left other 20’ tillers, bought the Lund, and within 2 years went to Warrior. I’m not sure why they switched though. I’ve looked in them before and thought the layout was nice.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I don’t know much about them other than they are a slower hull.

X2

Nearly 10 mph slower than my 620T Ranger and no hole shot.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I thought you just bought the new Skeeter 20′ tiller last year? I would think you should still be in the “I Love This Boat” stage? Being a tiller guy, I would be in heaven with that boat.

This is actually the third year on the Skeeter. Yep, very nice boat and never gave me a problem. Just found a guy who likes it better then I did. grin He will take possession on Tuesday and will have a very fun 4th of July.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t know much about them other than they are a slower hull. The new 225 Mercury might be a perfect motor for that boat. The only other option above a 200 Verado was an Optimax.

I know 2 anglers that left other 20’ tillers, bought the Lund, and within 2 years went to Warrior. I’m not sure why they switched though. I’ve looked in them before and thought the layout was nice.

Thanks I hadn’t heard they were a slow hull. I’ll keep that in mind.

Lund
    Yar-Craft
    Warrior

will all get a look. Pretty sure I’ll stick with another 20′ tiller just a question of what brand and will it be new or used.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I drove Roach’s 20’ tiller with the 200 verado 3 yrs ago but the Hull was a proto type boat was nice layout was good it handled well. But yes it was very slow Hull barely hit 40! He sent it back in and Lund did some rework on the Hull and when he got it back he said is was a 47-48mph boat and was happy with it for the remainder of the season… that’s all the experience I have. I wouldn’t be afraid to call him though he has more hours in that setup than anyone I know.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

We all know you want the power of that steering wheel, just admit it grin
    yup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.