2 lines on Pool 2

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

According to the Strib, the bill containing this has passed and is awaiting the governor’s signature. No word on when it officially becomes law.

Dubuque rigs, anyone?

SR

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yes that would be sweet

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The Governor has said that he would sign it if it made it to his desk. I don’t have my bourbon poured yet but I am thinking about what kind to have!

It’s going to be in effect in March. Now that I’ve said that, they have surprised me before and have it take effect in July/Aug.

If you ever happen to meet:
    Sarah Strommen Commissioner
    Bob Meier Assistant Commissioner
    Brad Parsons Fisheries Chief
    Darren Troseth Average guy that worked his tail off since 2008.
    (there were a bunch of DNR employees that worked behind the scenes to make this happen)

Thank them for making this happen!

3Rivers

Don’t let Brian fool you, he was just as involved as anyone else in that list. ;)

You are correct, it did pass and just waiting for a signature which might happen today.
    Honestly I had all but given up on this happening but happy it finally did. It sure would be nice if we could sweet talk them into a July or Aug 1 date, or better yet, just a gentleman’s agreement not to enforce 1 line on those bodies of water between now and when it goes into effect.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for your work on this, Darren! bow

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good job guys. That’s is such a awesome thing. Pat each others backs for sure

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Time to get a new boat, need more space!!!!

JEREMY
    BP

So was there a no age limit for crossbow hunting during archery season attached to this as well?

Timmy

I dream of the day this progresses to the rainy riv…..and then inland(its my dream, I’ll dream it as I wish)

disco bobber

So was there a no age limit for crossbow hunting during archery season attached to this as well?

My understanding is that it did get attached. The wolf hunt ban and eliminating the slug zone did not make the final bill.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JEREMY wrote:</div>

My understanding is that it did get attached. The wolf hunt ban and eliminating the slug zone did not make the final bill.

That is correct, here it is. Crossbows will be legal for anyone during the entire archery season next year. If federal protections for wolves are lifted, the state could implement its own hunting/trapping season. The slug zone removal did not make the cut, however.

• No more age limits on crossbow usage. Licensed hunters of any age will be allowed to take deer, bear, turkey or rough fish by crossbow during the regular archery seasons.

• The bill denies an attempt to outlaw sport hunting of wolves. If federal protections on Minnesota wolves are lifted, the DNR would be able to authorize a hunt based on its own wolf management plan.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Wow, great job guys. That’s a huge change that most people have wanted for a long time. Thank you.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Also of note in the bill.

• Ice-fishing litterbugs will be subject to a $100 fine for each violation of a new law aimed to prevent garbage, excrement and other waste from hitting the ice. The law requires a waste container to be secured to the angler’s shelter, motor vehicle or other fishing “conveyance.”

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I saw someone saying that part of the MN river near the confluence was included in this but I haven’t read it anywhere. Anyone know?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Pool 2 boundary is up the Minnesota to the Mendota bridge.

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Also of note in the bill.

• Ice-fishing litterbugs will be subject to a $100 fine for each violation of a new law aimed to prevent garbage, excrement and other waste from hitting the ice. The law requires a waste container to be secured to the angler’s shelter, motor vehicle or other fishing “conveyance.”

Who’s going to enforce that rotflol

3Rivers

Keep in mind that the Gov hasn’t officially signed this yet, but I’ve also been informed (by a reliable source) that it would be effective July 1 this year!

Boundary would be all of MN River from Granite Falls to confluence of Miss and Miss downstream from St Anthony.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Boundary would be all of MN River from Granite Falls to confluence of Miss and Miss downstream from St Anthony.

Wow. That’s awesome.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

…do I hear 3 lines for 2025? whistling

dirtywater

I’m looking forward to it. However, there are going to be certain stretches of shoreline (Crosby) that will be darn tough to troll if the family of 8 each has 2 lines out. And I’m not complaining, they have every right to be there and take advantage. But it’s gonna be poo-show on certain stretches for sure.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The legal use of 2 lines from Hastings to Prescott is what I call “Dirk W’s Law”. laugh @dirkw

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A couple of items that did NOT pass in this.

License fee increase for hunting and angling.

A total ban on small lead fishing tackle. Remember the thread “save the loons”?

A ban on lead-based ammo on public land other than what already exists.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.