1st Open water trip 01/23/15

• mr-special
    MPLS

The forecast called for 41degrees, so i decided instead of going to wrk or sitting in an icehouse i’d rather be sittin in my boat. called my lil cousin, dragged the boat out of the garage at 730am and was out the driveway by 830am.
    made a couple of stops along the way and pulled into Everts by 10. after a quick rundwn on the current bite/water conditions we were on the water by 1030.
    we started out dragging, drifting, V-jigging up near the dam in 18-25fow. missed a few bites and caught a nice sauger on the 1st pass.
    we were pumped and thought we’ve got them narrowed dwn. what a start to the 2015 open water season =D and my lil cousins 1st RW trip,,,, well we thought wrong lol

we spent the next 2hrs tryin everything, everywhere just to wind up where we started from. we decided to try out deeper 30-35 fow as the sun was higher in the sky “which felt great”. our 1st pass we each picked up a fish and missed a few bites. spent the rest of the day continuing V-jigging and pulled a good amount of fish over the side. biggest were a pair of 17.5″ saugers. kinda weird but only had a hand full of bites on plastics and all but one fish was caught on minnows. lift and hold 6″-1ft off bottom wrked best for us.

he even got a double on a dubuque rig

Im having a tough time being at wrk right now. lol
    All in all great time on the water
    thanks again to Everts for providing great service. BK thank you for taking our pix. see ya soon bud

Bugger T. Jones
    West-Central WI

Awesome! My ’88 Merc. finally bit the dust last year, so I’m still in the market for a replacement. Needless to say, the majority of my fishing this past year has been on the ice. Looks fun!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.