1st Grouse Covey this Summer

• tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Flushed my 1st Ruffed Grouse covey this weekend. 4 flushers plus what potentially may have still been on the ground. DNR is commenting there’s a slight uptick from last year. We had 3 or 4 Drummers on our family 80 acres earlier this spring.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good to hear. I haven’t seen one lately but really haven’t been looking either.
    Seeing lots of turkeys up north though

basseyes

Drumming seemed way up this spring vs last year but that could be for many reasons. Fun to see your first grouse of mid-late summer.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

While we were up at Two Harbors a couple weeks ago we saw several grouse using what had to be the only dry area up there to dust in. They were at the side of a gravel road. We stopped a few feet from them and watched for 5 minutes. When they were finished the walked off into deep grass. They were in and out of the deep grass along the road so much I have no idea how many we were seeing, but fun to watch none the less.

catmando
    wis

I was mowing roaditch awhile back, one big grouse comes out on the road,then 12 little one followed, is this a normal hatch? And yes it was a partridge. DK.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.