1875 Crossover vs Tyee Limited

• The jagermeister

Hi all,

This is a great forum and I appreciate the candor and insights. Although not new to boating, I am looking to buy my first Lund and I am torn between adding a bunch of additional options onto a Crossover (sport top, dual axel trailer, additional chair to make 4 ) to get it the way I want it….vs just buying Special Edition Tyee that has all the options and the 225 engine.

I do fish alot and take the kids out frequently for tubing and skiing so I need something versatile. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d need to see the specs on each side by side to make an informed decision, but you can’t go wrong with either one imo, both great boats. I fish out of a 1875 Crossover a lot and really like it.

The jagermeister

Thanks BW appreciate the comment. Crossover seems to be what covers most of what I need from a boating perspective. Probably will add the dual axel trailer due to the amount of highway driving with the boat in tow.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thanks BW appreciate the comment. Crossover seems to be what covers most of what I need from a boating perspective. Probably will add the dual axel trailer due to the amount of highway driving with the boat in tow.

What’s the price and motor difference between the two?

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

My best advice is to sit in both and weigh out pro’s and con’s for both BUT DON’T settle! Most of us can keep boats for a looooong time IF you buy the right boat the first time around. If you can’t sit in the boat you want (adding options), I’d personally have a hard time buying it (unless the options weren’t changing the layout). I’ve sat in almost identically boats (different years-same make and model) and it was night and day difference from just the little things they changed…and sometimes when they add an option, it doesn’t look the same as a model that it comes standard in.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’d bet that Tyee is just a beast, but I’m sure it comes at a premium relative to the crossover!

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

My brother has a Crossover. He loves it. He fishes out of it mainly. He does the water sports, too, with the kids. I still think a fishing boat and a wave runner for the kids gets you off the hook.

The jagermeister

Just a big thank you to all of you for your input on the boat choices. Season goes fast they are already pushing ordering 2021’s at the dealer level. Dont want to do that.

BWerm: price difference is about 12k. more seats,space,sport top dual axel trailer 225hp engine on limited vs.150 on the crossover .

This will be my last boat….retiring in Sept, have always had pontoon boats rigged for fishing and hanging with the family…I think I am going to be treating myself by getting either… last kid tuition paid :)…

My next question will be Humminbird or Lorance..but I will save it for later

Tight Lines
    Jager

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Jagermeister, if it’s the last boat why not splurge on the Tyee? Looks like an amazing rig!

The jagermeister

Thanks Gents,
    I think I am going to spluge and got the green light from my “boss” at home, she loves all that the Tyee has but would be happy with the crossover too.
    So I live in the MidAtlantic area, and closest Lund dealer that stocks the boat I am interested in is about 150 miles away, there is another dealer about 50 miles away he will only order it, which I really dont want to do…

In your experience after you purchased your Lund, the dealer said that they would handle any problems with the boat but if I had anything needed to be done with the engine I could take it to anyone who services Mercury. I doubt there are going to be issues with the new boat (let me know if I am wrong). There is a authorized mercury maintenance place only about 20 miles from here they do good work.

So my dilema is do I but from a dealer far away and see what I am getting or do I order from a closer dealer and get what is shipped? Thanks in advance for any reply.

Jagermeister

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thanks Gents,
    I think I am going to spluge and got the green light from my “boss” at home, she loves all that the Tyee has but would be happy with the crossover too.
    So I live in the MidAtlantic area, and closest Lund dealer that stocks the boat I am interested in is about 150 miles away, there is another dealer about 50 miles away he will only order it, which I really dont want to do…

In your experience after you purchased your Lund, the dealer said that they would handle any problems with the boat but if I had anything needed to be done with the engine I could take it to anyone who services Mercury. I doubt there are going to be issues with the new boat (let me know if I am wrong). There is a authorized mercury maintenance place only about 20 miles from here they do good work.

So my dilema is do I but from a dealer far away and see what I am getting or do I order from a closer dealer and get what is shipped? Thanks in advance for any reply.

Jagermeister

I’d go through whichever dealer I thought was better, whether word of mouth, Google reviews or another source the dealer is very important on a new purchase. We hear horror stories and great stories on new purchases all the time, and it’s entirely dependent on the quality of the dealer to stand behind their sale based off of what I see online.

Jensen

Just bought a new 1875 impact as from a dealer 4.5 hours away because of a better price. I have had a problem with my 3 bank on board charger did not work instead of driving 4.5 hours for them to replace I’m doing it locally and sending them the bill hope they honor there word and pay for it. Things do happen. I still would go where you can find the best deal.

The jagermeister

Thanks BW and Jensen,

You both make a lot of sense, Jensen just curious did the dealer you bought it from cover the bill for the charger replaced by your local dealer?

Jager

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Take the drive to sit in the Tyee. At that point make your options list and let the two bid against each other. Choose who you like.

Jensen

Thanks BW and Jensen,

You both make a lot of sense, Jensen just curious did the dealer you bought it from cover the bill for the charger replaced by your local dealer?

Jager

I spoke with the owner of the dealer and he is sending me a check. Oddly I found out from Minnkota that the charger was made in 2017, so it must have been sitting around in the box a few years.

The jagermeister

Wow, thats great. nice to know that some dealers have a conscience and would stand behind their work.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.