13” Trailer Tire

• Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

On vacation in Hackensack now. 1st week of August
    On our way here had a boat trailer tire go bad so put the new spare tire on and all is good. Now I am looking for a new tire for the spare for on our way home. I wonder why 13” tires are hard to find ? Good year doesn’t make them any more ? All that I can find is Carsile and I’m not to fond about them.
    I have a Alumacraft 165 magnum tiller with a 50 hp exec…so it doesn’t weight a whole lot. What about putting a Good passenger car tire on ? I understand their made different than a trailer tire but…my carlisle’s aren’t lasting any longer.
    Suggestions please ?
    Thanks

onestout
    Hudson, WI

The best tire I have found now is the Maxxis trailer tire. I wouldn’t put a passenger tire on my trailer…..or Carlisle.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I’ve always been told that trailer tires have stiffer sidewalls and that passenger car tires are more prone to having the bead pop when turning on a trailer. Carlisles are rated better in reviews than they were 5 years ago but I had a blowout with a Carlisle once for no apparent reason and don’t plan on ever buying them again.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

I wish I could find maxxis in 13”
    Can’t find anything other than Carlisle

onestout
    Hudson, WI

What size is it, looks like they are in stock.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

ST 175 80R13
    In stock where ?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Walmart, amazon, simple tire, looks like most places have it.

djshannon
    Crosslake

On your way home stop at Discount Tire in Baxter, MN (60 miles down the road). Call ahead and make an appointment. They will fix flat for free.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I just bought two ST 175/80R tires last week at Discount Tire. They were in Stock.They are called Hartland. $178.00 out the door.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Tire and wheel at ecustomhitch $75.00 ST175/80R13 ,bought 3 so far so good . On Amazon

klee103
    Nevada, Iowa

Had a hard time finding a tire when at Leech Lake several years ago, before Amazon was a hit. The local tire shops were not any assistance and I ended up paying a little more at a marine dealership. Made it easier for me…so I could continue fishing.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Check out Recstuff.com. They can have it shipped to you in a few days.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Ordered one from local car repair shop. Carslise tire. All I need was a new tire, not complete wheel. It’ll get us home. My spare was new so now we have two Mes tires on so it’s good for now.
    It just blows me s a way g that..in the middle of boat country here and NO one has trailer tires. Even boat dealers , marines don’t over that service. Strange to me anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.