$120+ billion for Ukraine

• big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wkw wrote:</div>
    California used to be the jewel of America

When was this jewel of America time period you speak of in Cali? Hasn’t happened in my lifetime.

In the 1980’s… everybody in the country thought “they said California was the place you need to be…”

Riverrat

I’d say from the 50’s to the early 90’s so definitely in my lifetime.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

In the 1980’s… everybody in the country thought “they said California was the place you need to be…”

That would explain why I wasn’t aware of it. Before my time as an adult.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It all went to the toilet after Baywatch ended.

CaptainMusky

There is nothing about California that appeals to me.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There is nothing about California that appeals to me.

There are some nice places to visit, but obviously I’d never want to live there, at least if I had a choice. Yosemite National Park is stunning.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Building back better

Except it has now been 982. That only leaves 478 more days. Hopefully anyway.

Attachments:
    1. Build-Back-Better.jpeg

wkw

Read the history of the Roman Empire and you see how they destroyed them selves with the same stuff going on here and now.

CaptainMusky

The crap going on with our Southern border is ridiculous. 2 plus million known with probably double that unknown in the last year?! To top it off they arent sending ANY of them back! WOrry about our border before someone elses.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Read the history of the Roman Empire and you see how they destroyed them selves with the same stuff going on here and now.

I read that long ago too.. most “countries” or established empires, typically lasted 200 years… before being torn down and rebuilt… lets see 1776… yup, on borrowed time. Building back better again.. see Bidens onto this !

robby
    Quad Cities

It wont happen immediately. We are shutting down our Government again.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If Biden was smart he’d withhold military aid to Ukraine to get dirt on his political opponent.

Such a weak leader.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Walk away from Ukraine ,just watch how fast China makes a move on Taiwan .

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The crap going on with our Southern border is ridiculous. 2 plus million known with probably double that unknown in the last year?! To top it off they arent sending ANY of them back! WOrry about our border before someone elses.

I agree but whats the solution? Does anyone have one? And please don’t say a wall. A wall is ineffective and a huge waste of money

Deuces

Conservatives need to present an amnesty bill that has a really big f’in wall tied into it. Walls work, not completely, but for the populations we need to block certainly will.

But to appease the other side and get more voters they need to offer up amnesty or a good simple process to get er done.

Immigration #s will get worse b4 it gets better whike being built, but half the battle is the mentality. The lib mentality gives folks from all over Latin America hope they will get in so they make the walk. That really big f’in wall is a strong statement and eventually when word gets around would be a huge deterrent for folks even making the trek up to try.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Great Wall of China does a fair job.
    Berlin Wall did a decent job also if memory serves me.

nord

Dutchboy, thinking back to that time, people went under, over, and through the Berlin Wall.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Eliminating the incentives to illegally cross the border would be a good start. And wouldn’t cost a dime. I.E. free healthcare, drivers license, housing, food, etc.

CaptainMusky

I agree but whats the solution? Does anyone have one? And please don’t say a wall. A wall is ineffective and a huge waste of money

areas of wall for sure but motion sensors and more security in other areas. You are right a wall the entire length is likely not feasible but these other measures are.

CaptainMusky

Eliminating the incentives to illegally cross the border would be a good start. And wouldn’t cost a dime. I.E. free healthcare, drivers license, housing, food, etc.

and this. Reinstate the stay at home policy and deport these people if they do illegally enter the country as well

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Walk away from Ukraine ,just watch how fast China makes a move on Taiwan .

Yep. And there goes our access to the world’s largest manufacturer of computer chips. Remember the shortage recently when auto manufacturers had vehicles sitting on lots waiting for chips? If China invaded Taiwan, they could shut off our supply completely. Yes, we’re building at least one factory that I’ve heard of, but how long will that take to get up and running?

stout93
    Becker MN

I think we need to increase the Ukraine funding to support their small business’, especially the one ladies knitting business and we also need to fund Zelensky’s wifes’ shopping trips to Paris…she has expensive tastes..

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Trump built 455 miles of wall via executive order just a few years ago. For reference that’s nearly 25% of the entire border of the US & Mexico. Doesn’t seem to have helped one bit

stout93
    Becker MN

Trump built 455 miles of wall via executive order just a few years ago. For reference that’s nearly 25% of the entire border of the US & Mexico. Doesn’t seem to have helped one bit

Kind of like building a dam across 25% of a river…

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Kind of like building a dam across 25% of a river…

Sounds like he was foolish to pursue it in the first place then lol. Much of the land they need to build a wall across is private property. Much of it is mountainous region where building a wall is not realistic.

Damning up the entire border isn’t an option. So the question is would more wall help? Maybe but I highly doubt it. These people are desperate to get into the US. A wall covering just a little more border would be a huge wasted expense and would be about as effective as the government posting signs in a playground warning people to stop the spread

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well for $20 billion (1/6th of what the Ukraine is costing) you could hire the Drug Cartels or the Mexican government for that matter. They would stop the flow pretty quick.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A wall or barrier makes sense in some locations, not in others. More patrol agents, drones, surveillance, etc too.

But perhaps the most important factor is just the simple rhetoric coming from our leadership. A harder communication stance would certainly help. Immigrants need to know that ahead of time.

And any individual attempting to cross illegally shall not be permitted to enter, ever. That might deter a number of them.

wkw

My take on all of this.

wkw

Try again

Attachments:
    1. 384766150_10221785951391193_3281479066356854135_n.jpg

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There’s $0.00 for Ukraine in the last second bill to keep the government open (already through the House and expected to pass the Senate with bipartisan support in both).

I like the idea of Ukraine funding NOT being tied into a package that keeps the government running. Settle that issue separately regardless of where people stand on it

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.