1000W Inverter

• Clayton Munt

Hey gang,

I have a 1000w inverter hooked up to a small LCD TV along with a marine deep cycle battery. Can anyone tell me why the inverter stops working after just an hour of use on a full charged battery?

Coletrain27

Is the in inverter hot to the touch? And have you checked the battery voltage after it stops? I would start with load testing the battery and make sure the battery is good to begin with

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Assuming it’s alarming for low voltage. My guess bad battery but to truly trouble shoot this we would need some numbers. Amp draw of TV, inverter low voltage alarm value, size of battery in amp/hours, battery resting voltage.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I have a 1000w inverter hooked up to a small LCD TV along with a marine deep cycle battery. Can anyone tell me why the inverter stops working after just an hour of use on a full charged battery?

Some inverters have a ridiculously sensitive low-voltage shutdown. I think the idea is that by having this “feature”, a person using the inverter while attached to a car battery would not be able to drain his car battery enough such that it would not still start the car.

Or as others have mentioned, load test the battery. Voltage alone is meaningless, even a bad batter can test at 12+ volts, but put it under load and it collapses.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.