$100, where's it go

• Justin Karriker

For fun and possibly for reference to us walleye newbs.

Could be for any level of fisherman. Whether you have it all or just starting out, where does your next $100 for walleye fishing go?

For me…
    I’m new to walleye fishing but have a ton of crappie and catfish gear, boat (not what I’d like for this but whatever…)… So

I’m going to say probably cranks, jigs and plastics.

Potentially lead core line and a lead core rod, could run some of my 209s for reels until further notice. Got a couple rods I think will make decent jig rods until I get my feet wet in this sport.

I need a new battery for my trolling motor, but that can technically wait.

Let’s hear where tour next $100 will go. Could be as simple as gas in the truck or boat.

Timmy

I am basically equipped, so it will go towards gas and lodging…..and gas…… And then more gas if there is any more money to spend….. And gas….. whistling

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

People really still fish for walleyes?

brad-o
    Mankato

I am basically equipped, so it will go towards gas and lodging…..and gas…… And then more gas if there is any more money to spend….. And gas….. whistling

X2 in northern MN you should do just fine with your gear.

catmando
    wis

Gas in truck.boat,new ido, hat launch fee, I was a everts yesterday talked to ski for a bit got some ice for the fish. Ps got a nice limit of those trash fish. DK

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Mn an wi family fishing licenses. Hopefully 100 bills will cover it still.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Likely a AIS fine of some sort. That assumes I’ll even take the boat out of the yard this year.

10 years ago I had more junk then a sane person would ever need. So today in 2015 it’s gas for the boat.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I just put new rubber on the trailer.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Missing a zero or two on that # doah doah

Replenishing used/lost tackle from March to May 1

Live target order $792

Rapala order $217

B Fish’n Tackle $282

Gamakatsu Order for hooks $187

Janns order for Misc DIY parts $83

Powder paint – $66

I really need a raise crazy

Justin Karriker

dicks had flicker shads on sale for $3.

3-fire tiger
    2- blue tiger
    3- black and silver
    3- pearl white (shad)

All in #7.

That’s all they had color wise.

I’d like to pick up more colors but not sure what else to get.

Next I guess I’ll get jigs.

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Just a little unsolicited advice for starting out your crankbait addiction. Buy “one of” colors/sizes/styles until you find some that you have success with. That should help stretch your dollars further and cover more situations. Imo color is the least important factor of those three.

Now for the original question, my next $100 (sadly I need much more..) is going towards 2 more trolling rods. They’ll be St Croix Eyecon 7′ Bounce and Troll matched with a Diawa Sealine in size 17 reel. Spooled up with 10lb mono. They will fill two rolls for me. First used as an inside flat line on shallow lakes and second as a bottom bouncer rod for larger bouncers.

Justin Karriker

I was looking at getting a leadcore set up (or two). I’ve got a couple old 209s I’m thinking of using, but I may just forget them and get a new reel as well.

Trying to be thrifty.

As for the colors, I was trying to cover the basics from what I heard, although blue tiger was a stretch, but seems like a nice dark conditions bait.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Gas and hopefully have enough left for a couple minnows! toast

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

It is impossible to have too many Rapalas peace

kroger3
    blaine mn

Fuel tank in the boat….

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

<P>As for the colors, I was trying to cover the basics from what I heard, although blue tiger was a stretch, but seems like a nice dark conditions bait.</P>[/quote]

If you are fishing the Mississippi River blue tiger is a great choice, as is the pearl and firetiger colors. Only color missing is red craw. Cheap rods work fine for trolling in medium action.

riverrat21
    duluth,mn

My 100 just went to a new rubber coated net for trolling cranks…hopefully it will make for both a faster release and get me back in the water quicker

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.