1 ton truck tires

• Nitrodog

Need new tires for the truck
    Looking at the following
    Hankook dynapro at2
    Bridgestone at revo 3
    Anyone run these tires

mojogunter

I have had the revos and really liked them but the treadware wasn’t good. I have been running GRABBER A/TX my last couple sets and have had good luck with them and they look like they would be noisy but they aren’t. Great traction for plowing too is what I like most about them.

munchy
    NULL

I’ve got the Pathfinder AT in load range E installed on my truck. Have about 7500 miles on them and very impressed so far. They are a direct copy of the original Dynapro that everyone loved.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve got AT2s, but not on a 1-ton. I’ve been happy with them.

Snake ii’s

Cooper tires are made in the US. I had some on my Avalanche a few years back and they performed very well. I am in need of new tires for my Silverado in a year or so and will buy Coopers again.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Michelin LTX MS Defenders will be my purchase when my tires wear out. I had LTX MS2’s on one truck and Coopers on another, I won’t buy anything else other than the Michelins again. The Coopers weren’t bad but they weren’t Michelins. Search around for reviews on the LTX MS series, 70k warranty and MANY people are reporting getting 100k out of them. The one “downside” being they don’t look aggressive, they’re 100% scientifically designed for tread rather than appearance.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

All the replacement tires on my trucks have been Michelin LTX MS Defenders or the previous versions. This goes back to the late 1990s. I don’t do much mudding but do drive on lakes some in the winter. All vehicles have been 4 wheel drive. I will continue to buy them.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

How do the Michelin’s do in the snow/on frozen lakes? I typically like a more aggressive tire but they seem to throw rocks at my fish house and boat on my dirt road.

Umy
    South Metro

Michelin LTX MS Defenders will be my purchase when my tires wear out. I had LTX MS2’s on one truck and Coopers on another, I won’t buy anything else other than the Michelins again. The Coopers weren’t bad but they weren’t Michelins. Search around for reviews on the LTX MS series, 70k warranty and MANY people are reporting getting 100k out of them. The one “downside” being they don’t look aggressive, they’re 100% scientifically designed for tread rather than appearance.

Just purchased a new set of LTX MS for my F150.
    The “old” ones had 77,000 on them. Still some tread but low. They do NOT look “aggressive’ but they ride nice, great in the snow, quiet. Would buy again in a heartbeat. Read hundreds of reviews of all different types and that seemed to be supported. YES, the other tires are probably good too. People pan Hondas and say they are no good, some say they are the best, Same with Ford/CHEVY, Concrete or asphalt, Toro/Lawn Boy – take your pick. Be informed, get the best price and take care of them, they will usually treat you well if you treat them well.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I will be replacing the tires on my 1 ton dually next year. It will be with the Michelin LTX MS Defenders. Last a very long time. Quiet on the highway. Great traction in all situations. Only tire I will consider. Can’t wait to see that bill tongue

brentbullets

Run nothing but the Michelin’s LTX series on my truck, Yukon and Acadia. Have for years after running others.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

How do the Michelin’s do in the snow/on frozen lakes?

They do fine for me. I don’t take many chances though. Haven’t gotten stuck but always carry a grain shovel.

brentbullets

I don’t get on frozen lakes but do pull a 16’ dual axel enclosed trailer through fields and snow for goose hunting. Never been stuck except for when I have gotten high centered.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

How do the Michelin’s do in the snow/on frozen lakes? I typically like a more aggressive tire but they seem to throw rocks at my fish house and boat on my dirt road.

They did great. First time I had them was on a 1998 2wd silverado (C1500). Once I put on the MS2’s I stopped getting stuck in the winter altogether. Can’t wait to get them again on my current truck, but not going to toss perfectly good tires with plenty of life left in them.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ll play devil’s advocate on the Michelin’s.

If I drove on highways solely the Michelin LTXs I had on my last truck were the cat’s meow. They were quiet, tread lasted a long time, wore evenly, etc. The tide changed immensely on ice or in off-road applications (we have a lot of hard greasy clay type soil in areas). I’d say they were terrible in icy situations, and below average in heavy snow or mud. The tread would just clump with any sort of heavy snow and wouldn’t rid themselves of it at all.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.