Yamaha Kodiak 700 with a Otter Monster Box

• Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

one more question… anyone know if a buddy heater (standing upright) fits in the otter medium monster box?

Blair

The small buddy heater will fit standing up. The medium and large size will not.

milemark_714

2018 Kodiak. Fits fine. Like other said, just place it so you can pop the seat off.

Who makes that windshield and is it easy to remove?

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

That’s definitely a Otter rod box but not the one that will mount on the side of the Monster Box. Unfortunately

JoeMX1825
    MN

That’s definitely a Otter rod box but not the one that will mount on the side of the Monster Box. Unfortunately

You can buy the separate mounting bracket from Otter for $20

Kris Berg

one more question… anyone know if a buddy heater (standing upright) fits in the otter medium monster box?

The Big Buddy Heater will fit inside the Otter Monster Box laying on its back.

Attachments:
    1. Otter-Monster-Box-inside.jpg

2. Foreman-ice-fishing-setup.jpg

futurepoorperson

Kris,
    Is that a 20lb propane stuffed in the corner…or smaller ?

Kris Berg

Kris,

It is a 5# tank that I bought from Fleet Farm a few years back, but I also have a 1# tank shoved in front of that for a back up on those REALLY cold days. Still have room for my FL-20 and my 7.5 Engel bait cooler in there as well. I love this Monster Box!

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>futurepoorperson wrote:</div>
    Kris,

It is a 5# tank that I bought from Fleet Farm a few years back, but I also have a 1# tank shoved in front of that for a back up on those REALLY cold days. Still have room for my FL-20 and my 7.5 Engel bait cooler in there as well. I love this Monster Box!

Wish I would of went with the 5lb tank, I have the 11lb, works great for what I need, but would of been nice to have the 5lb to fit in the monster box.

Thanks for the photos!

olas88

2018 Kodiak. Fits fine. Like other said, just place it so you can pop the seat off.

Curious how you like the 450? Feel like you need the 700 or is the 450 sufficient?

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

I cant speak for the 450, I hear it is a great dependable rig though, would be perfect for an ice fishing rig.

The 700 is a BEAST, no problem towing or plowing snow, and its got enough power that pulling the front tires off the ground is not an issue.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If you want to run big lug tires or tracks, you’ll want the added power of the 700

olas88

No plan to ever run tracks, but would be potentially having a person sit with me and then pulling a sled of gear and potentially a few kids behind )

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

No plan to ever run tracks, but would be potentially having a person sit with me and then pulling a sled of gear and potentially a few kids behind )

I am pretty sure the 450 could handle that. I went with a 700, for plowing snow, track in the future, and trail riding out west.

olas88

Thoughts on EPS for ice fishing? Needed?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thoughts on EPS for ice fishing? Needed?

imo absolutely, it will save your wrists/arms/shoulders hitting ruts and snowbanks…

JoeMX1825
    MN

450 will be fine for that

JasonP
    Twin Cities

reading this post makes me want to get into a good ATV. i have been pulling my kenai across miles of frozen lakes lately. before the blizzard i could pull it with one finger. now i almost have a coronary after 100 yds. doah

olas88

reading this post makes me want to get into a good ATV. i have been pulling my kenai across miles of frozen lakes lately. before the blizzard i could pull it with one finger. now i almost have a coronary after 100 yds. doah

Same here. Pulled two days in a row over the weekend and I am exhausted. Doenst help I take tons of crap with when the family comes along. )

JoeMX1825
    MN

while having something to pull your equipment is nice, it does open the door for other things you’ll likely need to invest/spend money on…trailer (which are hard to find right now) license, maintenance, fuel, etc etc

as per another thread going on, buying anything for the outdoors is expensive right now…

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Summerontheriver wrote:</div>

The Big Buddy Heater will fit inside the Otter Monster Box laying on its back.

Kris,

The front otter box on your ATV, How much and what do you fit in there? I am thinking if I get that, and put a battery in it for a GPS Fish Finder, would it work?

Spencer Haugen

Just a random question if I have a different type of rod box example I have the scheels 2.0 case if I were to buy a monster box would I be able to buy the brackets to mount on my rod box and mount on to the monster box? Also for the monster box is it padded for a passenger?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Just a random question if I have a different type of rod box example I have the scheels 2.0 case if I were to buy a monster box would I be able to buy the brackets to mount on my rod box and mount on to the monster box? Also for the monster box is it padded for a passenger?

yes and there’s no pad, passenger would be sitting on the atv seat.

Spencer Haugen

Does anyone have the small box for the front of the wheeler from otter? Just curious on if that’s worth it as well?

JoeMX1825
    MN

just my opinion, but the front rack should only be used for a Digger auger carrier to allow for some visibility, I would also think twice about a front rack if your atv has a handlebar headlight (newer Yamaha’s) as it would mostly get blocked.

It looks like Kris has a monster front box and modded it with a Digger mount, pretty cool!

Kris Berg

Answering the questions about the front Otter box.

I have my battery for my Helix 7 in the front box. I also keep my jump pack, 4 batteries for my auger drill, spare gloves/hat, and goggles in the front box. There is still room for more stuff, I just have not figured out what else I need for ice fishing that I have not purchased yet.

I have a head light on the handlebars ( it is the High beam light) that can be shut off, but there is also 2 lights (low beams) below the front rack that are on whenever I have lights on.

If anyone would like pictures of the way I mounted the Digger Auger mount on the front box or how i mounted the Helix 7, let me know and I can post send them to you.

Viewing 28 posts - 31 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.