WX 1910 Transducers

• Chad Engels
    Fargo, ND

WX 1910. Where do you put the Humminbird Solix Mega SI ducer and where do you put the 2D skimmer?

SI ducer. Looking at past posts on wx boats the SI ducer is typically placed on the transom below the motor just off to the right side. Between the motor and the ladder attached to the motor. The SI ducer height is typically just above the transom cut out. I have not checked the side image line of sight when the motor is all the way down, hopefully there is enough seperation between the motor shaft and transom for the side scan returns to sneak through, otherwise would have trim the motor up when imaging or add a second SI ducer on the other side of the motor.

2D skimmer. The 2D skimmer is typically placed on the step of wx boats. However the WX 1910 looks a little challenging. Placing the skimmer just to the right of the drain plug makes the skimmer about the lowest point of the hull and first part of the boat to hit the bottom of the lake. Still, this may be the best location. The trailer bunks prevent the skimmer from being placed further to the right.

Attachments:
    1. 20180428_141714.jpg

Chad Engels
    Fargo, ND

Pic 2

Attachments:
    1. 20180428_141727.jpg

Catfish_Nuggets
    NULL

Here is how my lowrance ducers are installed.

Attachments:
    1. 20180428_212909.jpg

Chad Engels
    Fargo, ND

Thanks Catfish, I see your pre-2018 EZ Loader trailer is different than the new 2018 Skeeter Built trailer which won’t allow the 2D ducer to be placed in that location anymore.

Catfish_Nuggets
    NULL

I see that…I hope yours loads a little better than mine. Too steep or too shallow creates some issues.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

that new trailer design with the bunks sticking out beyond the bottom of the step is…interesting. i assume they’ll get some feedback on it from dealers who are doing rigging.

do you have a shoot-thru transducer glassed into your hull? i have one that works marvelously, connected to a dedicated 2D sonar Helix. even if your rig didn’t come with one, you could easily install one and this would eliminate any placement issues for an external high-speed transducer altogether.

for my network i have an SI and 2D on the transom, using a Y-cable similar to the setup you describe. i have a EZ-Loader trailer, but i think my mounting locations should work for yours too. (pic attached)
    my SI is mounted below and starboard of the motor mount; it provides a clean image to either side except when the main motor is trimmed absolutely all the way down (my kicker is on a setback plate so no issues with that one). trimming slightly up solves this and at the low speeds where SI is actually useful this is a non-issue. i don’t have the larger MEGA transducer, but i still think the extra length shouldn’t be any problem there. might want to temporarily mount and test it to make sure the signal is clear and clean though?
    my 2D is mounted at the starboard running surface between the chines. since the bunk in this area does not extend past the end of the boat (and doesn’t appear to do so on yours either), it creates no issue. the winch post doesn’t allow the boat to ever go forward far enough where the bunk could contact the transducer. it also does not interfere with the SI signal.

Attachments:
    1. WX1910transducers.jpg

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

My structure scan transducer is mounted to the top of the step with the bracket. It sticks out the back a little bit but its up out of the way and in a good area as nothing blocks the signal. This is on a 2060 but I would do it the same on the 1910.

Attachments:
    1. Transducer.jpg

Jerry Sauter

Michael, I am looking at mounting a 2d lowrance transducer on my new 1910 in the same spot you have yours in the picture, but wanted to ask before I do. Do you get consistent bottom readings at all speeds? Thanks

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Hummingbird transducers

Attachments:
    1. DAE9FC1B-ED75-4E6C-BC01-5A1F92351A7A.jpeg

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Michael, I am looking at mounting a 2d lowrance transducer on my new 1910 in the same spot you have yours in the picture, but wanted to ask before I do. Do you get consistent bottom readings at all speeds? Thanks

Yep!

Or, at least I did. I’m actually delivering the boat to its new owner this afternoon…
    toast

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.