WX 1880 oil tank removal ?

• Tyler Ness

How do I get the oil tank out? I have tried every combination of positions and can not figure out the angle of the dangle to get it out. I need to replace the battery and also check my bilge pump? Also while I’m in there is this where I would find the live well open/ close valve? With the valve closed and not filling the tanks, after about an hour I have water in both the bait well and live well, thx for the help

Attachments:
    1. image-61.jpeg

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

you will probably have to push the tank over so you can remove the bracket that holds it. you will also need to lift battery out of the tray and push it towards the back. You should than be able to turn the tank and remove it then also get the battery out.
    You should be able to get to livewell valve and bilge pump right in front of the motor in the splashwell. If there isn’t an access there you will need to go through the battery compartment like you mentioned.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

It looks slippery. grin

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

So the guy that I bought my 1880 from said you need to tip it forward on it’s end, then lift straight up. Never done it myself though.

Tyler Ness

Thx guys- after a long battle I finally got the right combination, if you remove the 6 screws that hold the flip up back rest and get the back rest out of the way it gives you the extra room to flip the tank on end and twist it out, then it slid right out- guess you just need to be smarter then the oil tank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.