Worth a look

• acarroline

Nice surprise at the local wally world…

Lots of fishing gear n clearance. $9.50 shimano sienna’s, $1 forage spoons…ton of sales.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2034-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_2032-scaled.jpeg

3. IMG_2033-scaled.jpeg

4. IMG_2030-scaled.jpeg

5. IMG_2029-scaled.jpeg

bigcrappie
    Blaine

What Walmart? still shows’ $29 on line

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I would have cleared the shelf off – LOL

-J.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

They would have had a lot of empty pegs when I left that store.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Glad i can’t get to that one.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

that wallyworld could be right next door to me and I wouldnt walk into it!!!!! doah

B-man

I hate going into a Walmart, but it happens about 3 times a year when I need something quick and local that nobody else has.

A couple weeks ago the boys did a trial run with contact lenses and the eye doctor recommended they each have a vanity/makeup mirror.

Well I found the mirrors and also bought 45 carbon arrows for $1 each lol (would have been $315)

They should last the boys years and for once I actually had a smile on my face in that store jester

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I hate going into a Walmart, but it happens about 3 times a year when I need something quick and local that nobody else has.

Totally agree, hate the store in general. Might have to go stop by the two local to me and see if there is deals though.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I guess I don’t mind ol wally world. It’s not my favorite but it’s the cheapest store near me. And I have found lots of sweet deals like these. I bought a .243, and a.270 at Wal-Mart that were marked wrong for 100 bucks each. They were supposed to be clearanced at 350 and they had them at 100. The lady at the desk said they couldn’t sell them that cheap but the manager said she had to because they messed the tags up.

Why all the hate towards Walmart ?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Bearcat89……i have my reasons but i’m not going to open a whole can of worms here. but one is all the self checkouts…..now i gotta do there job too.

ah heck with it….. being a good union guy….check the NLRB they got more charges filed against them for labor issues then Carter has peanuts!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why all the hate towards Walmart ?

Generally its the clientel in there that keeps me out. I’m not opposed to the store itself, its the “walmartians” walking around.

Obviously the customer base is different based on the geographic location too.

There’s generally plenty of other options for me around to shop at within a reasonable distance. I have been in a few and found items on clearance though just like others have stated above. I don’t make a point of going in there regularly though.

You can save a heck of a lot of money shopping there for groceries. About 2 years ago I did a comparison of common items I was regularly buying at the grocery store. I compared Walmart, Cub Foods, Hy-Vee, and Target. The cheapest of the four by far was Walmart. Hy-Vee was the most expensive. Target and Cub were in the middle.

CaptainMusky

Our local Walmart in Sartell (of all places) I was in a few months ago and just so happened to be the end of the month when all the freebie money came out and I was literally a minority in there. Nothing wrong with those people but I couldnt believe my eyes. They were all nice and everything but it was a real eye opener in this small town.
    My wife does all her walmart shopping online and has them delivered to our house for free. She hasnt been in the store in probably years. I went there to get a tv and the occasional ingredients to make a meal, but that is generally it otherwise I go to coborns which is closer.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Our local Walmart in Sartell (of all places) I was in a few months ago and just so happened to be the end of the month when all the freebie money came out and I was literally a minority in there. Nothing wrong with those people but I couldnt believe my eyes. They were all nice and everything but it was a real eye opener in this small town.
    My wife does all her walmart shopping online and has them delivered to our house for free. She hasnt been in the store in probably years. I went there to get a tv and the occasional ingredients to make a meal, but that is generally it otherwise I go to coborns which is closer.

You live next to st cloud. If your white you are a minority in that town.

deertracker

I’m not at a point in my life where I can disregard Walmart. doah I’ll check my local store today. If my store has the Sienna’s at that price, I will buy them all. waytogo woot
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I fit in with the freaks of wally world over the yuppies of target.
    Luckily I don’t shop much my lady friend does it all.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

For me it’s more about the business model of buying up or driving out the little guys that I don’t care for. However I’ll go ahead and call myself out cause I do order from Amazon. If I had to choose I would go to Target and I’m far from a yuppie

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I will not set foot in target.

I don’t either just because they support pedophiles and sex changes on children.

Stanley

That’s because they destroyed the St. Cloud one so they now go to the sartell one. My parents live in St. Cloud and drive past the St. Cloud Walmart to go to the sartell one. My dads last job before retiring was for a magazine company and he had to go to all the Walmarts to make sure current inventory was on the shelves and outdated was removed. He saw firsthand the difference location and demographics made on how the stores were ran.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You live next to st cloud. If your white you are a minority in that town.

Note according to the Population statistics, But I don’t trust or believe them much :

St. Cloud Demographics
    According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of St. Cloud was:

White: 69.74%
    Black or African American: 18.17%
    Two or more races: 5.91%
    Asian: 3.95%
    Other race: 1.87%
    Native American: 0.36%
    Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander:

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s because they destroyed the St. Cloud one so they now go to the sartell one. My parents live in St. Cloud and drive past the St. Cloud Walmart to go to the sartell one. My dads last job before retiring was for a magazine company and he had to go to all the Walmarts to make sure current inventory was on the shelves and outdated was removed. He saw firsthand the difference location and demographics made on how the stores were ran.

There may have been a time there was a difference between the St Cloud and the Sartell Walmart’s, but these days there is not much of a difference. I myself don’t go into either Much. My wife does most of her grocery shopping there.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Note according to the Population statistics, But I don’t trust or believe them much :

St. Cloud Demographics
    According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of St. Cloud was:

White: 69.74%
    Black or African American: 18.17%
    Two or more races: 5.91%
    Asian: 3.95%
    Other race: 1.87%
    Native American: 0.36%
    Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander:
    [/quote]

I just made up my own statistics. They were from my 100 drives down the main stretch. There is no actuals in my theory, just winging it. Somalian would have been my number 1.

Stanley

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Stanley wrote:</div>

There may have been a time there was a difference between the St Cloud and the Sartell Walmart’s, but these days there is not much of a difference. I myself don’t go into either Much. My wife does most of her grocery shopping there.

You are probably right now lol. I always say if it wasn’t for my parents, scheels and Sam’s club I wouldn’t need to go to St. Cloud.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You are probably right now lol. I always say if it wasn’t for my parents, scheels and Sam’s club I wouldn’t need to go to St. Cloud.

I talk to people from St. Cloud every day. They all say the same thing ” This use to be a nice Town ” Sad but like most all Larger Metro cities that is the case

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

It’s funny everytime I get to go to Walmart with the mrs I go down the 1 isle of fishing stuff, ya never what you’ll find. And here I thought the south metro had the migrants working the stores, Willmar of all places is plum full of em also. My aunt from Alabama came fir a visit several years ago, never seen a Somalian, until she came here.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

For me it’s more about the business model of buying up or driving out the little guys that I don’t care for. However I’ll go ahead and call myself out cause I do order from Amazon. If I had to choose I would go to Target and I’m far from a yuppie

same here John!!!!!!!1 waytogo

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Amazon has been responsible for more job losses than Walmart could ever dream of.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Amazon has been responsible for more job losses than Walmart could ever dream of.

Yeah that’s why I called myself out on it. We should boycott both of them. Just getting harder to find what a person want’s at a decent deal brick and mortar.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.