Work Sharp Knife Sharpener

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I use my work sharp for everything including filet knives and Wusthofs. You don’t have to drag it slowly across the grinder taking off too much material. I have a lot of knives and I love it.

Do you use the adjustable angles or not worry about it?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    I use my work sharp for everything including filet knives and Wusthofs. You don’t have to drag it slowly across the grinder taking off too much material. I have a lot of knives and I love it.

Do you use the adjustable angles or not worry about it?

Mine just has a plastic shroud that flips for two different angles. One for knives and one for scissors. I bought it before the Ken Onion came out.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Thanks Suzuki

I did contact Work Sharp direct and they said using the Combo Sharpener with a set 25 degree angle will not harm kitchen knives such as Wusthof.

And their instructional video for this particular unit shows them sharpening a chef knife

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have my Wusthofs sharpened by a knife shop. Yeah, I could probably do them myself, but at $2/knife every year or two, I just let them do it.

Ralph – What Knife shop do you use in your area?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Not trying to hyjak or get into a F/C thing,,,
    Any one try the ChefsChoice V15? Sharpens a 20 degree to 15.
    Chefs Choice V15

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was just going to ask a question about Chief Choice Denny, great segway.

About 10 or so years ago I bought a two station Chef’s Choice.
    I don’t think much of it although the knives will be a little sharper before using it.

The YouTube videos claim they are thee best which is the same thing Work Sharp claims. Who to believe?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.