Woman lake tips/advice needed!

• Kevin

I will be heading up to Woman lake this Saturday for a week of fishing, staying at a resort on the South side of lake. I’ve never fished the lake before and am looking for any tips or advice anyone is willing to share, depth, structure, tactics to try. Looking to target walleye, smallmouth and maybe some panfish (crappie&perch). Thank you!

stevenoak

I’ve fished Woman May and Sept for about 4 years. The only thing I’ve figured out is it’s named Woman Lake, because it’s equally as hard to figure out. Had some luck with bass and crappie in the spring. Most walleye success seems to come between 9pm and 3 am from what I’ve heard. I caught a toad SMB last fall, but no numbers. The few perch have been 5″. Crappies can be nice if you can find them, spring seems easier to me.

Deuces

For eyes I’d concentrate on any weed edges that come out to a flat before heading off into deep water. Eyes have always been in the crabgrass for me off those edges, clams mixed in better, with some gravel even better. Morning bite for me. Smallies I’ve caught in same areas but shallower wind blown rock has been more consistent. Stuff coming out of the narrows of Broadwater would surprise ya.

Broadwater lots of good fish, plenty of eyes in there at dusk that’ll bite going for panfish. Girl can be good to. Deep weed edge perch cranks have caught eyeballs, again morning bite. Nice large mouth lake, we’d usually frog it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.