Where’s the posts?!?

• thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

My first time on the board in several weeks, was out West on vacation. It’s good to see the forum split between East and West metro lakes. But, where’s all the posts?? C’mon, I’m not the only one to fish the East metro, am I?

I didn’t get out on a lake for all of July, wow. I started the dog days of August out right, though. Friday I spent 2 hours out on Bald Eagle. the West side of the lake was producing sm & med Pike and LM Bass pretty consistently between 5 & 7 pm. All fish came in or around the bull rush in 4 fow. A white spinnerbait worked best but also had a couple on black and green sbs.

The south part parf the lake was producing lots of crappies, according to some guys at the dock.

– Rick

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Hey thumper:
    I just recently found that the new forums have been added.
    I bet when the word gets out they will load up.
    I bought a new/used boat and it ended up back in the shop after my first use. Still waiting for it.
    Can’t wait to get back out on the water.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Unfortunatly between Leech, Michigan and a family outing I haven’t been out in the metro for a while. That will change tommorrow.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

thumper,

How do you get to bald eagle? i live in blaine and have spent all of my fishing hours at coon lake and getting tired of the light bites and the milfoil coming out of the water. it would be nice to end up on a lake where you don’t have to clean your motor off every 20 ft. but i cant complain too much, coon has been really good to me for the bass fishing, the only draw back for me is, i don’t ahve a trolling motor on my boat, so it is a drift or an achor to fish em. anyway, if you can give me general directions out to the lake that would be great!

thanks

shane

thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

Bald Eagle is very easy to find. It’s on the West side of Hwy 61, just North of White Bear Lake. Take 694 to Hwy 61. It’s probably 5 miles North of the highway on the left-hand side. You’ll go past the lake to CoRdJ/120th street, take a left, then another left onto the frontage road.

I know there’s a shorter way to take between Coon Lake and Bald Eagle. I think you take Broadway into Forest Lake, then 61 South to 120th.

Oh, there’s a real nice bait shop / convenience store near the corner of 61 & 120th. Gas, minnows, munchies and beer – it’s all covered!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Thumper,

thanks for the directions, I may have to head out there one of these fine days and scout it out.

shumpy
    Bloomington MN

hey chris arnoldi here i just found this part of the website ive been looking for east metro info for quite a while i live in st paul near maryland and 35e and fish all the lakes over in this area recently ive spent most of my time on white bear chasing muskies caught a nice thick 46 incher out there the other day anyone know what happened to owasso? also is it true that someone just caught a huge muskie out of phalen? hopefully there will be more posts over here soon! great website

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Chris,

Thanks for the post. That’s a nice fish for White Bear. There’s a few people that fish the east side, but mainly in the winter, at least that’s when I get over there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.