Anyone ever fish Lake Barvaria or Lotus?

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

We have a bass club tourney there at the end of June, just curious if anyone has fished these Lakes and if they are decent.

I believe Lotus is in Chanhassen and Barvaria is in Victoria.

Thanks

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

Lots and lots of small bass. Bavaria also has a good pike population so be prepared to “donate” a few jigs. Just fish the usual structure. I haven’t fished them enough to have a spot on spot.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Would Lake Independence and Lake Sarah be 2 better choices?

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

The last time I fished Bavaria, and it was probably 5-6 years ago, there were plenty 2-3 lb fish. Never fished Lotus but have heard some good things about it. Both are a bit small for a tourney.

Don’t know about Independance or Sarah (most lakes in the metro are pretty good for bass IMO), have you thought about Prior or Waconia? Numbers of big fish there…there’s also this lake I’ve heard about called Minnetonka or something like that…

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

We fished Waconia last year, and under club rules we can’t fish a lake in consecutive years. It was very good.

We fish Minnetonka in Septemeber this year.

Somehow Lotus and Barvaria also got on the schedule this year, so I was just curious about them.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Used to fish Bavaria. Its a good lake and like someone said, plenty of pike. Lotus I never had good luck on. I’d give Bavaria a try, its pretty easy to fish!

Eric

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Sounds like Bavaria may still be a possibility for you guys. If you can fish Prior some time, I would highly recommend it. I know a couple years ago with the big boys, it took a 30# bag to win there.

jdkeehl
    st. michael

Both lotus and barvaria are great lakes grew up between both of then fished them both lots and caught many 5+’s on both. If you can flip foil you will be fine. pads can be good also.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.