Waconia Report

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Had a club tournament on the lake Sunday and found fishing tougher than during the week when most people had reasonable success finding bass haunts. Sunday’s winning weight was over 14 pounds, his partner in the boat had 14 as well, but an ounce less than the winner. However, the 2nd place finisher was anchored by a 6 pounder, 21 1/4″ !! Wow, it was a beauty.
    Fish for the most part by most anglers in the club came from the docks (including 6 pounder), using senkos and senko baits in colors of camo, pumpkin, and smoke. Docks for the most part were “do nothing” docks where there didn’t seem to be much on them and also on the shallower ends.

Some fish were taken in reeds, but not many, on jigs and senkos as well. There was a little buzzbait action earlier in the morning as well. Deep edge fishing was practically nonexistent, most anglers including myself and my brother gave it a good shot for nada.

Earlier this week during pre fishing myself and other anglers were reporting fish in the reeds on scum frogs “fish committing suicide” on baits was heard from one of the guys. Also the dock bite seemed to be on as well.

Was then out there last night for a lttle bit. It was a hot one out there and I knew the fish were on the docks and I wanted to fish docks so I went for it. I basically threw the senkos all night, was out there from 5-8, and the colors really didn’t seem to matter. I wouldn’t have changed from the camo color I used in the tourny but I ran out. The fish were still relating well to the docks and tiber that was overhanging the water. Pretty basic presentation on how I was fishing, cast it out and let the bait do it’s thing and be patient.
    All in all, I caught about 10 bass, biggest 19 3/4, with the best 5 being about 14 lbs.
    I know that there are some bigger fish in this lake, so good luck.
    A

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was out for a couple hours on Sunday afternoon, chasing panfish with a couple mini-companions. The little guy did pretty well considering the action was far from fast. My female partner struggled to stay interested. Her and I spent more time in the cooler eating snacks than fishing, which was fun also.

I have to share this story with you. I was wearing a tank top out fishing with Sadie and Jack. I’m guessing Sadie is around 6 years old. She looked up at me one time and said “John, you really need to shave your arm pits. They are really hairy!” I about fell out of the boat laughing. I thanked her for the observation and proceed to try and explain that most guys don’t shave there. She told me her mom does, and so should I. Needless to say, I didn’t have a comeback for her. All I could do was sit and chuckle. I’m still laughing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.