This weekend…

• keepcasting
    Excelsior

The snow is almost completely gone and I saw 50’s on the forcast for the weekend. I hope to get out on Sunday in search of crappies around the metro. I am leaning towards North and South Center but am open to suggestion if anyone has any good ideas…My big question is do you think that with these 3 nicer days in a row will the crappies be moving in shallow by Sunday??? I will post a report if I get out.

FishHead
    ST Paul

I’m not an expert on the chisago area lakes but I can gaurantee by 5:00 pm they will start moving shallow, focus on the warmest bays or northern bays. The sunnies should be shallow most of the day. If there not there just move out to the next depth level. I fish white bear and bald eagle and there are shallow fish to be caught most of the afternoon with simalar conditions, about 8 to 5 feet of water.

keepcasting
    Excelsior

I was able to get out to N. Center on Sunday afternoon…the water in the main lake was 47-48degrees and in the far north bay it was up to 54 degrees…caught 3 nice 9-10inch crappies and a couple of nice sunnies and a bounus bass…not great but at least it was something…no luck in 5-8 feet…all of the fish were up in 3-4 feet.

FishHead
    ST Paul

thanks good to know if I head up there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.