Which lake to fish next weekend?

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

Its a tough decision, but I will be making it by friday night(unless I decide to go before ).

Most the lakes around are now open around the metro area, anything that is frozen now, has to be getting killed by this rain. This rain should be doing double-duty on warming up the water.

The fish dont have to be trophies, its just enjoyable getting out and catching some crappies.

Where to start? Maybe Minnewashta, Minnetonka always has possibilities.. maybe one of those smaller west metro lakes that tend to heat up quicker?

Anyone else looking forward to getting out and getting some early panfish action?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Heck yeah, itchin bad, I’m off all weekend, not sure if I’ll get a chance to get out yet, maybe Sunday, trying to figure out if I want to go fishing bad enough to turn down some OT on monday… I’d Probabaly looking my area or south. I start afternoon shift on tuesday so fishing get a little tougher to fit in during afternoon shift.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I must say Tonka at this point is intriguing.. there always seems to be something biting somewhere. Sometimes early crappie trips turn into insane sunfish action and just a few crappies.. but who cares? Its fishing a lake without drilling a hole!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

There’s a backwater area I didn’t fish last year because I moved further away from it. I am thinking about hitting that area sometime soon. 2 years ago when I fished it it gave up some slab crappies and even a few little walleye. I wasn’t trying for the walleye and it was pool 2 anyway, so I don’t mind offering up that I did hook into a few walleye.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well I turned down the OT, so I hope to be on the water come monday.

FishHead
    ST Paul

Hoping to fish White Bear Monday afternoon, anyone interested? I’ve caught some excellent metro crappies here early in the season, not to mention huge accidental bass. Send a PM if interested.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I fish several of them Carroll58.. I suspect the bite will pick up about the same time the weather straitens out. The rain will heat up the water some, but the sun will do much more to heat up the shallows in a short period of time.

What lakes are you fishing?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.