Whats the word on Tonka? How much ice left?

• morriscode
    North Metro, MN

Anyone have report on how much ice is left on Tonka? I used to live in Eden Prairie so I could check a few times a week, kinda far for me now. How long before we can load in? The smaller lakes around the North Metro are ice free for the most part. Anyone seen Big T lately?

morriscode

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

With the wind today it’s torn up all the small waters around Plymouth today. At lunch every little lake and pond I went by was open.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I drove by Tonka about 2 hrs ago. It was open just around the shores. The channels where open and out into the lake 75 yards or so. Has a ways to go yet, but it was pretty dark and this warm wind will help things along pretty quick.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I was out there last nght and saw the same thing. Most channels were open. I talked to a couple anglers by Lord Fletcher’s and they weren’t having a lot of success yet. Won’t be too long and Black and Seton ought to be ready to put out fish.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I noticed a lot of the same on my way into work Hooks. I saw one little chunk of ice pushed up to the north shore of Tanners but everything else was open.

sooooon………………soooooon!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

My first hint at how windy it was when I saw ice heaved up on a little pond by Bass Lk. in Plymouth, couldn’t believe the wind could do that on waters so small.

morriscode
    North Metro, MN

Thanks for the updates. It would be great if someone that drives by it everyday could post about the ice conditions a couple times a week. It shouldnt be long at all if shes turnin black now. later

morriscode

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I moved out to St. Boni last weekend, so I’ll be by the lake a lot more often now. I’ll try and keep you updated. Christmas and Zumbra have opened completely, Whaletail was 90% open the other day when I went by. It won’t be long.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Kinda gives ya the itch, don’t it!!!

schnauzer
    Minnetrista, MN

Halstead Bay was completely open last night and I heard someone was out on a boat on Maxwell Bay this AM. It won’t be long now!

morriscode
    North Metro, MN

Yeah Hooks, I got the itch for some open water and the river aint scratching it.

Anyone have access to a Coast Guard Cutter??? we could speed things up a little!!

morriscode

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

There was little fishing boat in the Seaton Channel on Saturday night, only boat I saw on the lake. Lots of open water though. I’m betting after this week, the ice will be down to a minimum, if any depending on the wind.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

It looks wide open today. Maybe some chunks floating around yet, but I didnt see any.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.