Bald Eagle Report

• fishseeker
    Centerville,MN

Walleyes have been biting on the N. side of the island from 14-22ft.
    One other thing- a car went through on the south end of the island last night. Watch out for the big crack in the ice. This info was 2nd hand to me.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Thanks for the report. Been meaning to get there and now will have to try it for sure.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I heard when the car went through they closed the access for a while. Open now though.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Made it out to Bald Eagle tonite and searched areas from 17- 25 feet north of the island. Saw some activity on the FL-8 in 22′ so I set up there for the night. I was kinda by myself at 4:00 but by 6:00 I counted 17 vehicles within 75 yards of me. What a zoo! Never saw so many slow cutting augers in my life. Right next to me were 4 guys that were cutting holes with an old Jiffy. Two of them were leaning on that auger and it still took them over a minute to cut a hole in 18″ of ice. There were others like them also. Doesn’t anybody sharpen blades anymore?

The lovely blonde CO checked my license again tonight. It must have taken me 5 minutes of fumbling to find it in my billfold. But once again I couldn’t get her to “pat me down”. She said the guys in 30′ were getting a few crappies and an occasional walleye 20′ down. For me, a slimer, a crappie, and a small walleye were it.

mkanderle

I got out to Baldy Saturday morning for a few hours…I wanted to get away from the Island cluster so I went to 26′ farther north before I ran into the next group of homes, the FL-18 spotted some action and I was drilling…you’re right about the sharp blades putz, I got new blades on my lazer last year and it makes all the difference in the world, never again will I go withough sharp blades. Anyway, I got 1 snake and a few perch. Missed one on a tip up and had another break me off. I’m going to have to start sneaking out of work early to catch the sun-down walleye bite…this darn job!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.