Eagle Lake fishing report

• russ0101
    Brooklyn Park, mn

Went out on Eagle Lake today (Apr 17) to run my motor for first time this year and do a little crappie fishing. Did have some luck with the crappies. They are still in their wintering holes and biting on small jigs and a single waxie (I was using gulp alive white waxies…first time using them and I was quite impressed.) I was using a variety of presentations. For a while in the early afternoon, I was using a jig under a slip bobber and was picking up negative bites by the bobber rolling over on it’s side. Later on in the afternoon, slowly jigging with out a bobber was the presentation that was working….striking on the upstroke. Total catch was approximately 25….4 of which I kept (enough for a meal for myself). The challenge was getting the down to the larger crappies before the smaller ones struck the bait first. To sum it up….small and slow presentations were the ticket to boating some fish. Water temps are still in the mid to upper 30’s depending on the time of afternoon….would advise being safe and wearing your life jacket.

russ0101
    Brooklyn Park, mn

Guess this should have gone under the fishing reports forum. Moderator, sorry about that.

russ0101
    Brooklyn Park, mn

Once you were able to get down past the small ones, I was able to get down to some decent sized ones….nothing huge, but decent sized eaters.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.