FLW Wissota: Change of host site

• jhalfen

The FLW team was in town last week….saw their trailer and a Chevy Tahoe with Kentucky plates and 4 familiar-looking guys inside on Friday.

Apparently, the host site is going to change from the Wissota View to the Chippewa Rod and Gun Club.

There is also some concern about guys with high-profile windshields being able to make it under the Hwy X bridge to access the little lake. My last trip, I had 8″ of clearance between the bridge and the top of the windshield….and the lake was low at that point. If the lake is up from rain, or Xcel energy is holding water back for power generation, OR if we have a stiff N wind….getting under that bridge can/will be an issue.

More wrinkles in what is already an interesting event from the perspective of slot and bag limits. Hopefully FLW will announce those soon!

Walleyeking77
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

I talked with the DNR and they said the limit is going to be the same for the tournament and that they were not going to make any exceptions.

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Yes that is what Joe Decided and I feel that was a good decition on his part (Maybe FLW should use the AIM method for this tournament)

KirtH
    Lakeville

That would be a good idea, I had 2″ with a walk thru, and mine sits pretty low to the water.

Maybe they should keep it there at the Wissota View

jhalfen

6″ of clearance under the Hwy X bridge today. Lake’s still low.

The host site change is now noted on the FLW site:

League finals website

Still no bag limits posted.

jhalfen

Quote:

Maybe FLW should use the AIM method for this tournament

It would bring all of those pesky 17-inchers into play, that’s for sure!

klino3
    Spring Valley,IL.

Is the little lake that much of a concern for fishing at that time of year?I would think between the big lake and the rivers there would be plenty of good fishing.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Will they let us launch at the Rod and Gun Club?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

They will and it offers the most parking of any launch on the lake. I forgot how many rigs the Rod and Gun will hold. 2K’s will chime in with the answer.

Sully

SloBoat
    Lake Wissota

we can get 70 rigs in the lot, as is today.
    plus 10 along the dike, and more inside the gate depending on how the FLW wants to set up the weight-in. parking on top of the hill is also an option. We were told to expect 85-90 boats.

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

So, is the plan to close the landing to others? Or enter at your own risk. Just wondering if someone with a season pass could be turned away.

jhalfen

Turned away? Doubt it.

Keep in mind that boat check starts at 6. Most guys have their boats in the water around 6 if not before. Weigh-in starts at 3, runs until 4-4:30. Guys will be pulling their boats out after they weigh (typically, unless they are allowed to do otherwise by Sonny). So, that means that after 6:30, the lot will have 60-70 rigs, and they’ll be there until 4:30-5.

Closed to others? No. Tough to find a spot to park? You bet!

Last thing to keep in mind: 2 of the 3 days of competition are during the week. Currently, the lot is next to empty during the week, so impact on other potential users will be minimal. Saturday, the field is cut to 10….and if Saturday the 19th of September is like previous September saturdays, those 10 rigs will be half of the rigs in the lot.

SloBoat
    Lake Wissota

We will not close the landing to anyone with a season pass.
    But between 5:30 and 7 am it wil be congested. first come first serve.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.