Saturday on Lake Wissota

• jhalfen

Just a quick note if you’re heading out on Lake Wissota tomorrow:

I was on the lake for the day today with a couple of guests. We had a good morning bite, but experienced a significant slow-down in the early afternoon as the rain moved to our south and the winds picked up. We ended our trip with somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 smallies and 15 walleyes, with the big bass around 16+ and the big walleye at 20″. Three words to help you get some fish in the boat this weekend: live bait, slow.

I have a couple more days on the lake in the near future…look for a complete report and some pics when those trips are under my belt.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sounds like a very fun day Jason. You do a very good job of keeping those fish dialed in.
    Thanks, Bill

bigpike

Thanks for the report Jason, I won’t be getting out anytime soon, my schedule is booked BUT as soon as the kids are back in school and ma is back at work the fish are gonna quiver when they fell my presence. I did get out last week to fish Red Cedar all night and the presentation there was also very slow for walleyes and smally’s, keep us updated and thanks!

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for the update could have used that on Sunday. Got your note you left on my truck. Had a tough day only boated one 14 incher, but he weighed 2.2 lbs. Got mine off the damn, boater landed two for 3.1lbs, he got his in Moon. Got a lot of short fish. Kept loosing jigs to toothy criters and ran out of lures. that where working. Once I switched to what I had did not get a hit. Had fun anyway.

jhalfen

I’ve been out the past two days. Sunday was tough. Today was GREAT! That sunshine this afternoon really helped. One more day on the water tomorrow, and then a full report coming with DANDY smallies and NICE walleyes. Final tally for today’s trip was 13 eyes, 8 cats (both kinds), 7 smallies, and a pike. Big eye at 19.5, big smallie was a beefcake just under 18.

jhalfen

Here’s a sneak preview

jhalfen

Well, it’s the first morning in the past 5 that I haven’t been churning the water into a fine froth. A full Wissota report is coming as soon as I finish picking the crawler dirt from underneath my fingernails.

The bite for bass and eyes on Wissota remains good. Live bait or plastics, fishing current or wind-blown structure. Feeding windows are still brief due to the heat. More details coming shortly!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.