Thanks to Jason Halfen

• bigefish
    Rock Falls, WI.

Jason set my family and I up nicely with some helpful hints on fishin’ the upper Chippewa river (Lake Wissota). I just had to share!
    My son, daughter and I had a blast fighting at least 30 SMB and 4 walleye. The highlite was my 6 yr. old daughter (Jocelyn) catching all by herself a nice football shaped smb at 15″ that made multiple 3-4 ft. jumps…needless to say shes hooked on smb! I caught a very football looking smb that went 18″ and 4 lbs. my personal best! Most of the bass were caught on bfishn tackle green apple dragon jigs tipped w/half a crawler and catapala orange chartreuse tail paddle tails. The walleye came on the same colored paddle tails w/ 3/32 and 1/8 oz. h2o precision jig heads. The walleye were 13-13.5″ w/ one at 15″.
    Pictures still need to be developed in disposable camera
    Thanks again to Jason for his informative reports!
    See you on the water!
    Eric

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Lucky Dog!

Jason won’t fish with me and my stink bait.

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Can’t wait for the photos…you know you don’t have to have the camera filled to get them developed.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

The highlite was my 6 yr. old daughter (Jocelyn) catching all by herself a nice football shaped smb at 15″ that made multiple 3-4 ft. jumps…needless to say shes hooked on smb!

Nice!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Congrats on the nice day.
    Jack.

howler
    bagley wi.

Those smb. can put on a show.

jhalfen

Eric, it sounds like you had a great time. I’m glad you enjoyed the trip.

Brian, you need to come up here for some sturgeon fishing in the fall. I know that you know that we grow some big ones! Let’s leave those silly kitties alone and go catch a dinosaur instead!

For the rest of you Wissota fans: fishing is getting better and will continue to improve with the good rain we had a couple of days ago and the better rain predicted for Thursday. My next trip is Saturday so look for a complete update afterwards!

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It shur is nice to have a helping hand on the site that knows the water this well
    thanks Jason

Kevin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.