Wissota walleyes – BrianK would be proud

• mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Well I had about 3 hours tonight to hit the water with a friend of mine, so we made the 5 minute drive to Wissota State Park and launched the boat. First time on this year so really didn’t know what to expect so we started out trolling the Yellow up to the main part of the lake…and that’s as far as we got. Turns out the walleyes were stacked in water ranging from 17 to 22 feet and liked the walleydivers we were pulling. The night ended with 10 walleyes, 1 jumbo perch, a cat and a northern. Firetiger was the color putting fish in the boat. We tried leeches in shallow but nothing. Really didn’t have alot of time to fish. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I’ll be able to put more time out there.

The first fish to come to the boat was this cat…this should put a smile on BrianK’s face. Took the entire jointed shadrap down…I have never had one do that before.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This next one is with Bob and the first walleye of the night. Just in the slot at 14″.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This is me with the biggest eye of the night…17″. Man these fish are healthy!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

And finally the last “catch” of the night…we found this carp floating belly up…but when we got close we noticed it was still alive. I’ll give Bob the credit for “catching” it! Must have gone close to 20#!

jhalfen

Nice fishies Dartman!

What is it with all these cats this year? I had clients out yesterday and we stuck another one close to 10 lbs on a prime walleye spot. That makes 3 whiskerfish of that caliber this year, along with a handful or smaller, eatin’ sized fish.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Jason like all cats thay are just a bunch of wanabee walleyes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.