Wissota Report – 10-8

• kizew
    Dallas, WI

Today, Sunday 10/8, Brian Beebe (IDA’s “deafboy”) and myself found ourselves out pre-fishing on Wissota one last time before next week’s tournament. Even though we will be fishing against each other in the tournament, quite often we pre-fish together, sharing ideas and learning from each other.

The day started out rather calm and slowly throughout the day a cold front, wind and drizzle worked it’s way in.

We spent most of the day fishing shallow (10′ and under) and once again the majority of the fish we caught came out of the Chippewa. Brian thumped me in the smallmouth and walleye categories, but I did land the biggest fish of the day.

Pictured here is a musky that is somwhere between 46″ and 48″ (we measured a mark we made in the carpeting after we released the fish). It was very heavy, had great girth, and put up a super fight. The fish fell for a swim jig on wood/rock.

To give you an idea on the girth, I am 6′ and weight 272 lbs. This fish was a toad!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Deafboy and smallie.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Deafboy and another smallie (they were all around this size – 15″ to 16″ range)

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Deafboy and a walleye that fell for a drop shot with a 4″ ringworm.

riverfan
    MN

Wow, looks like you guy’s had a blast. Awsome ski! Now I’m really sorry I had to turn down your offer.

John

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Thanks John!! Good luck on your trip! By the time you get back the big smallies will be on fire up here – let’s get out!

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for the great report Gregg.

What tournament are you fishing in?

Sully

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Thanks Sully! We just have a club tournament – not a big money deal – should be fufn with what is happening with the weather this week!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.