4/18 Lake Wissota

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Bowhuntr24 and I headed out to chase the crappies again.

Erik got a head start on me. When I called him to have him pick me up at my dock, I knew he had found the fish because he said he was taking one off while we were speaking.

We don’t know the water temp, because he didn’t get his depthfinder installed yet.

We found the crappies within eyesight of the Highway K bridge.

They didn’t seem to be relating necessarily to wood, depth seemed to be the bigger factor.

We found that larger “crappie minnows” worked best. In fact, what I would call a small fathead chub was the best size.

Erik participated in the best bite, which was from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM, but they did bite right up to dark.

We caught about 25 crappies and brought some home to put in the pan for dinner.

I left the camera in the truck.

Erik caught the biggest which was exactly 12″ and most were in the 9″ to 11″ range.

Good luck and get out on the water to enjoy the spring crappie bite.

Sully

jhalfen

Hey, is this the area I mentioned to you, or a different “Sully Honey Hole”???

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This is a different spot. I can’t take credit for it either. Erik found it towards the end of the day on Monday and put more time on it last night with good results.

I really appreciate your lead. I have that tucked in my back pocket for future need.

Sully

krisko
    Durand, WI

I take it you guys must be up in the Yellow River area? Have any of you tried the small lake or the creeks? I’m still without truck and unable to get my boat on the water. It has been almost 4 weeks now. I’m getting agitated. I hope I can get out soon to help you guys with reports.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

We have not tried the small lake. Yellow river area to the state park. Those areas are hot right now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.