Best Landing on Wissota?

• littlefishy
    Ellsworth, WI

Been awhile since I have had to launch a boat on Wissota, what landing would be the best access on a Saturday afternoon?

jhalfen

When I was there earlier this week, the road leading to the Rod and Gun Club’s landing (which is EXCELLENT) was torn up. I launched at the landing off of X on the south side of the lake (across from the View). I also like the landing at the State Park on the NE side of the lake.

littlefishy
    Ellsworth, WI

How is the parking at the state park, fee?
    I wanted to start fishing in that area anyway.

jhalfen

Well the fee is whatever the entry fee for the park happens to be. I have an annual sticker so I don’t know what they charge by the day. The parking is great. There must be room for at least 20 rigs. I’ve never had a problem getting a place to park.

bigpike

I’m cheap and believe the best things are free! So the best Wissota launch is down from Wissota marine, no dock and you have to walk about 1/3 of a mile after you park but I have had my best luck musky fishing in the lake right there in the creek…… and it cost nothing to launch!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Thats by the paint creek bridge. Its nice and deep there too, I remember years ago, we used to jump of the bridge into the lake. A good rush for a couple of youngens.

bigpike

Yes the tree just to the left is handy to tie your boat off and its nice and sandy there so you can push your boat up on the sand also, you like swimming with the musky’s I see ….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.