Muskies on a Terror

• Bird
    River Falls, WI

Pre-fished for a tourny on L. Wissota Sunday and boy were the Muskies on a terror….Since it was raining I didn’t bring the digital camera and wish I did…..caught a 40″ plus or minus muskie off of the point by the Elks golf club on a chug bug….also my partner had a huge one eat his chug bug….had a few other follow ups. Bass fishing was so-so. Did manage to catch a walleye, Northern around 30″, and catfish all on cranks. Busted up my skag on a rock up the Chipp and my partners box of Crankbaits flew out of the boat on Hwy K by the State Park….we stopped at the Veiw and realized it blew out and turned around (couldn’t of been more than 5 minutes) and found the box with no baits left in it. Anyone else been out on Wissota?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

My dads house is by the K bridge. Damn, your buddy lost all them lures?? Thats gotta feel like crap inside

How big was the Catfish you caught on crank.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

The cat was only a couple of pounds and around 20″….caught up by the Jim Falls dam. He does feel like crap….but he was asked if he wanted the bait boxes in the truck and said no….he was kicking himself most of the way home and then just said “what do ya do”. He has a good attitude about it.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Did you guys boat up to Jim Falls, or put in up there?

Also, if you go to jimtown again, eat at the restraunt just down from the big eagle when your heading into “town”. Its on the right and has a few pop machines by it, and damn, their swordfish dinners on friday are awesome.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

We put in at the State Park and boated up….Thanks for tip on a good food eatery….we may be camping there for the tourny this Saturday.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah no prob. Post back how you do on the tourney. Good luck!

krisko
    Durand, WI

I know this is off the subject, but how are the bass doing out on the lake. I gave up trying to catch muskie. 200 casts/fish suck. I want some hitters. I haven’t been up on the lake for a month to fish just trying to see what is up.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Bass fishing has been slow….caught about a dozen in the tourny with only 2 keepers….winning weight was 12lbs, all on live bait due to it was also a walleye tourny. It then went down to 8,7, and 5 pounds to place. Tough going!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.