Whats with the water level

• Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Fished the lake from sportsman club (6th) waters down at least 2 feet, fished below dam yesterday and could’nt get the anchors to hold, spillway looked like a class 4 white water rapid. anyway about the fishing was slow half dozen eyes and a crappie from cribs on small minnows and crawlers

would’nt hit larger walleye minnows.

Drove by the river about 8pm and its dropped 5 feet so hopefully they shut the spillway and the lake will come up.

Left the lake a 1pm what a zoo at the launch boats lined up the road a pontoon on east dock motor trouble and a speed boat on the west dock motor trouble rigs parked every which way so you couldn’t hardly get to ramp to pull the boat out. Summer Officially here!!!!!!!!!

People spend 8 bucks on a set of engine muffs hook the hose up and start your boats at home please!!!!!

Maybe the club should label the docks in and out not that most would follow directions but who knows.

time to buy leeches maybe hmmmm

Was a beautiful morning on the water.

jhalfen

I suspect that NSP was releasing water to make electricity. Yesterday was our first really warm day this summer, so many people probably had their home AC on, hence a large electrical draw. And as for all the water warriors….that’s why I avoid the lake on the weekends during the summer. Get out during the week, it’s an entirely different place. I also gave up on the club’s launch and use the state park exclusively. The entry fee is enough to keep many people away, and hence those ramps are usually less crowded.

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Thats what confused me I understand making power they had all turbines at both dams going but at the dam below Wissota the spillway had more water coming down than thru the plant they should have been able to keep the lake level up with all that water going around the power plant. I guess the timing of the lake going down is the bigest concern with fish spawning who knows what effect a 2 to 4 foot draw down will have on the eggs that are already laid and then again what happens if fish spawn now in 2ft of water and the lake go’s back up 4 feet now the eggs sre in six feet are they going to hatch???? With the stained water on this lake I would assume depth is a critical factor, I guess I’ll have to ask Joe at the DNR that question.

I usually launch a the park but my motors been fouling plug going thru the channel so I thought sportsmans would be better time to do something with the carbs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.