Sept walleye are heating up

• aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Today was the opening day to my first WI bears season. With the after noon off of work I had to make the choice of sitting in a tree all day or get a little fishing done. After waiting 5 yrs to draw this tag, I went fishing. I took the first 20 minutes to explore some unknown water where I found a nice school of eyes in about 19fow. My first to casts would yeild to short fish. I continued to target this depth with Lindy rig and crawlers. Mixed in with the walleye were a number of bluegills. After a mess of smaller fish I new it was time to go looking for something else. My next mission of the afternoon was to explore the open water of the big lake. Temps are still holding in the mid 70’s and bigger fish can be caught in the open water. I ran spinners and crawlers in the open basin of the South East side of the big lake and found good numbers of slot fish. September fishing is only going to get better as these cold nights set in. Don’t miss it when its hot
    I did make it in the woods today for the last 2 hours of light. WI Black Bear 1 Me Zero I will blame this hunt on the stinky camera guy

eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

Was this on Wissota? And when you had your spinner rigs out were you pulling a 3-way or bottom bouncer? I’ve never had good luck out there but maybe with a few pointers i could finnally pick up a fish or two.

aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

2oz bottom bouncers or larger if you want to pick up the speed to cover water. Fire tiger was hot with the sun shining. Anything with a little orange in it works well coming into the fall.

proffy1

Aaron, how has the bear hunt been? My wife ended up getting one friday night. two came in at the same time both same size, this guy was 300#. very exciting hunt. all happened in a matter of minutes.

aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Congrats! I am still hunting. We have a number of shooters. I am just in the stand on the wrong nights.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.