Wisconsin Fans Muted?

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

The famous throat puncher is an internet bully on another site too.

Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

Almost everyone on this topic is a fairly good sport about the whole thing, picking at opposing teams and rivalry comes with the world of sports, and those that watch them. If you are a poor sport about it, or cant handle some heckling than at bare minimum avoid reading the posts and dont post yourself.

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

Not surprising coming from MI which has a lot in common with MN in this situation.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

The reason WI fans seem to be more thin skinned is because we put up with it from both sides. We’re wedged between Minnesota and Illinois. You can only hear SKOL!!!! and DITKA, DA BEARS, 85, DA BEST TEAM EVER, so many times.

MN fans deal with one state of rivalries in basketball/football. We get the joy of having both. I’ll give MN fans credit, at least you don’t still talk about a team from 30 years ago every time your team scores a touchdown.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I’m with wimwuen on the Big 10. I root for the Badgers all the time and when another Big 10 team is playing someone else I back them BECAUSE I’m from WI of the Big 10! I wanted every Big 10 team to win in the tourney because I get tired of the east coast media running our Midwest teams down. Big 12 and ACC were supposed to be the best conferences. Well there is only 1 team from those 2 conferences left. I’m a WI fan first and any other Big Ten team fan after that.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Amen!
    Go Bucky!
    Go Sparty!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

They both should be great games!

WarEagle

As a Packer, Badger, Cubs, Bulls fan I can agree that some wisconsin fans make me want to puke. I am a loyal fan to my team, hence the cubs fan. There are sometimes where I hate to admit I am a fan because some wisconsin fans are wisconsIdiots. They fail to see reality. Just my 2 cents. Remember I’m a cubs fan, you better come after me with more than sticks and stones if your going to break me! lol

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

As a Packer, Badger, Cubs, Bulls fan I can agree that some wisconsin fans make me want to puke. I am a loyal fan to my team, hence the cubs fan. There are sometimes where I hate to admit I am a fan because some wisconsin fans are wisconsIdiots. They fail to see reality. Just my 2 cents. Remember I’m a cubs fan, you better come after me with more than sticks and stones if your going to break me! lol

Some Badger fans are idiots but so are some Cubs,Gopher,Hawkeye,Ill.,Mich.,Ohio St.,Viking, Wild, etc,etc,etc. The list is not a short one.
    Just in case we can add that some fisherman are idiots also. Just thought I would throw that in since this is a fishing site.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m with ya all on the B1G. Ohio St. takes the crown in football, it is great to have two hoops team in the final four and it wouldn’t suck for the conference to see Mich St. or WI win it!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No Wild fans are idiots… coffee

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Just wanted to get this to the top…go badgers!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

What makes you laugh is going to make you cry at some point. Go Badgers. Awesome game. Hope we can finish it against Duke. toast

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Very good game. The Badgers owned the second half. Sure hope they finish strong and beat Duke.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Bring on Duke! Great game Bucky!! Can anybody stop FRANK THE TANK..?? Nope!!

Pete S

Just wanted to get this to the top…go badgers!

mission accomplished and my throat didn’t even get punched!

one more time….

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Ride the Lightning toast

Congratulations Badgers wave

waytogo

Mike Stephens
    WI.

No matter what happens from here on out, this badger team is very special. A CLASS act from many instate players. I’m proud of our boys, they represent us well. GOOOOO BADGERS !!!! yay yay yay

big_g
    Isle, MN

for what it is worth, I have been cheering for the …swallow hard… Badgers and Spartans the whole tourney… I am another one, that feels it helps the BIG 10 conference when the teams (any) do well. I will also be cheering them on tonight to beat Duke… kind of David vs Goliath, if Dekker has a game, anything can happen. Now in pro sports, NO WAY would I ever cheer for the Pack, just as I am sure no true Cheesehead would ever cheer for the Vikes grin

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

No matter what happens from here on out, this badger team is very special. A CLASS act from many instate players. I’m proud of our boys, they represent us well. GOOOOO BADGERS !!!! yay yay yay

X2!
    Go Badgers!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Go Badgers!

Even if you are playing my favorite NCAA BB team, that went out the window a few years ago when I stopped caring. Plus, I prefer rooting for under dogs. Not sure if WI is the underdog, but they are when looking at championships and prestige.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Pretty fun sports day today. Twins opener,Wild vs. Jets and a chance for the Big Ten to have a National champion.
    My buddy was the Deputy Sec. of Tourism for WI and will be courtside tonight. That would be pretty darn sweet!

Attachments:
    1. badgers.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

pulling for the badgers too!!!!!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Like many other Gopher fans it’s not something I’m used to but I’ll be rooting hard for the Badgers tonight. Overall I think they’re a more complete team and they should win, but the talent on this Duke team is probably 2nd only to Kentucky and they seem to really be peaking at the right time.

The run this WI team is on reminds me a lot of the run back when Duke was the underdog beating UNLV and winning their first (i think) title 20 some years ago… Another interesting piece of trivia a saw today is that if the Badgers win it will be the first time a team has beaten the highest(lowest) possible seed the could face in every round.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Wisconsin busted my bracket. Fun game to watch though. Hope they play as tough tonight; i hate watching duke win a championship!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Can’t wait to watch the MUCH more talented KU team beat Wisky by 10-20 points! Can’t wait to watch Kaminski cry over every one of his fouls. Such a whiner! I will say that Dekker is a stud though! (Hey Wisky fans what did you expect from a maroon n gold fan!)

I’m man enough to say when I was wrong. Boy O’ boy was I wrong. Wisky has a SOLID team. I have seen them in person twice this season and prolly watched 10 of their games this year and I just did not see them winning that game. I’ll be the first to say “On Wisconsin…”…RR

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Wisconsin busted my bracket. Fun game to watch though. Hope they play as tough tonight; i hate watching duke win a championship!

Yes. Not that I’m against Duke, but like the SEC in football, I like to see championships get spread around.

I didn’t see WI beating KY, but they picked the right night to have as close to a flawless game as I can see a team having against an opponent of KY’s caliber. Weather or not KY got caught looking past the Badgers will be a subject of debate for a long time, but IMO even if that was the case, WI still had an answer for everything KY could bring.

I have no predictions for tonight because I personally can’t see either team having a sizeable advantage going in. The Badgers seem to be able to rise to the occasion, but Duke didn’t get to the championship by beating easy teams either.

I will say that I think WI needs to keep it very close just as they did with KY in the first half. The more they can get inside the heads of the Duke players and keep them thinking that these guys just will not die, the better off the Badgers will be down the stretch. I wouldn’t plan on letting Duke get ahead by 10+ and then being able to catch them down the stretch. I’d be plenty afraid of what will happing if Duke gets in the driver’s seat by 10 or more.

But if the Badgers show up and play their game and keep their heads as they have done all tournament there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be right there late in the game.

Go Badgers.

Grouse

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

badgers are something like 133-3 if they lead with 5 minutes left in the game over the last five years. If it is close at the end I see the Badgers pulling away

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Should be a great game! Would be AWESOME for the badgers to win that’s for sure…GO BUCKY!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.