lower dells

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Took the boat out for the first trip of the year yesterday at the dells. Wanted to take it on a shakedown cruise before heading to Red Wing for 5 days next week. Boat cooperated well, fish not so well. Managed around 20 fish, most coming late in the day. One 18″ sauger and one 21″ walleye, otherwise all small fish. Only used ringworms and paddletails, didn’t have any meat in the boat. I can’t say I saw anyone pulling a ton of fish on meat. Nothing better than my boat was seeing. Our better fish came from relatively shallow water compated to what the masses were fishing. Less that 15 feet, we’ll leave it at that.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Hi how you doing ? The bigger fish are in that shallow water and less. Last time at the dells the eyes came out 12 feet and less and saugers were out 16 and 25 feet of water. Did you go down through the rapids to fish ? Theres a eddy down there thats always good.

From Jeff

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

We did not go down any further than the rapids. I’ve only been down there once, and that was years ago in somebody else’s boat. I don’t really remember the correct path. Would like to go back down river again some time though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.