Lower Dells

• mcparty
    Janesville, Wisconsin, USA!!

Was up at the Dells last week Mon. & Tue. Stayed at River’s Edge for their mid week special. We boated 4 keepers, 2 slot and 15 to 20 dinks on Mon. Jig and minnow worked the best. Tue. was a lot tougher, only boated 4 and only one being a keeper, a 15 1/8″ sauger . Heading back up there tomorrow(2-24-09) I’ll give a report when I get home. Here are some pics from last week. The slot fish were 25 and 22″.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice first post Jimmy Mac, welcome aboard Sounds like you earned your bites.

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Welcome to IDO nice pics

DuckCorpral
    Janesville,WI

Hey Jimmy thanks for showing me the site!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Duck and Jimmy Welcome to a great site! Nice pics Jimmy

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Thanks for the report and pics, and welcome to the site. It’ll be good to get some more reporting activity for the Dells. Been itching to get over there for the eyes and the mid-week special. Your report might just get me motivated to use a sick day.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Thanks for the report Jimmy Mac.

And welcome to the site both you guys Jimmy and Duck!

bigpike

Thanks for the report, nice to get a few Dells reports. Did you guys hook into any sturgeon? Back in the day I had a blast in spring looking for eyes and hooking up with a mamoth. Thanks for the report, welcome to the site and keep ’em coming….

DuckCorpral
    Janesville,WI

Every year we seem to hook into a few good ones. Here is one from last year that took 2 of us to get it in the boat.

mcparty
    Janesville, Wisconsin, USA!!

Fished the Dells again this week Tue.& Wed. 2-24& 25. Love that mid week special, and the fishing wasn’t awful either . The wind made it very frustrating on Tue. We couldn’t really fish the places we wanted. The only place out of the wind was one of the deeper holes that produced about thirty short ones, all about 14.5″ and mostly saugers, and a 48″ sturgeon that I had to chase around for about 20 minutes before duck corpral got it up to the boat! Most of them came on a jig & minnow in 20+ FOW, and color did seem to matter. Wed. could be summed up by one word….WOW! Another buddy came up for the day with his boat, and between our two boats we caught 13 or 14 slot fish! Duck corpral schooled me on the big fish with his two biggest being 26 1/4″ 8 1/4lb. and 27 1/4″ 9 3/4lb. We also managed four keepers two 19.5″ one 19″ and a 15 1/4″ along with the usual short ones. Most the big fish came on a jig with plastic and a minnow. Weather permitting I’ll be back at it again next week, and the next week, and the next week…….. With more posts to follow.

DuckCorpral
    Janesville,WI

Don’t be shorting me jimmy it was all of 26 1/2.

bigpike

Nice report guy’s.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.